Kuiu Clothing Help

excaliber

WKR
I'm looking at some Kuiu clothing and need some help as to what I'm seeing on their website. I currently wear Sitka but wouldn't mind some Kuiu in Verde.
In Sitka I wear a 2XL Traverse Zip T and Jetstream. The XL are just too tight in the arms and shoulders.

What would you recommend for mid layers that I could use for early Aug-Late Sept archery hunts that could be used as an outer layer if need be?

I was also looking for a warmer mid layer that could be used as an outer layer when it's a bit colder that could go under my Jetstream when it's gets cold.

I'm basically looking for something like the Traverse Zip T but with a hood and maybe a level or two warmer but not as warm as my Jetstream. Looking at the Kuiu site it looks like most of the mid layers fit more like a soft shell jacket as opposed to a shirt like the Traverse.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

68Plexi

WKR
I use a Peloton 200 hooded fleece for what you’re talking about. It’s thin, but keeps the chill off an early morning but also breathes well enough to wear when it warms up. It’s quiet, but that also means I would go busting through thorn bushes with it either.

The Peloton 240 wears more like a jacket imo but guys use that as a warmer mid/outer layer too which is more wind resistant than the 200.

The strong fleece is more durable as an outer layer but doesn’t stretch as well as the 200. You’re sizing from Sitka to Kuiu is likely the same. I am an xl in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Pro merino 200 or strong fleece hybrid 210 would be my choice. I have a peloton 97 that has a great warmth to weight value. I definitely like kuiu fabrics over the Sitka stuff but you may have to order a couple & decide what fits your criteria best

Kostrize

WKR
Really sounds like you’re describing the Strongfleece 260 to me

I’ve had the Traverse Zip T as well and the 260 is a lot like it in terms of warmth but hooded. The sizing is odd though

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Is the Pro Merino 200 and the Peloton 200 similar in function but just different material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

excaliber

WKR
I'm still trying to figure out which Kuiu pieces would work best. Are all of these too hot to move in? I get too hot in the Traverse Zip T if I'm moving uphill or moving briskly on flat ground when temps are above 35-40 deg.

The Strong Fleece 210 and 260 look interesting but I'm wondering if they would be even warmer when trying to move in them? They look much warmer.
If anyone has a direct comparison to the Traverse Zip T so I can figure out how Kuiu rates their stuff , that would be awesome.

It's so hard to figure out this KUIU stuff not being able to try it on. That is one major advantage Sitka has over them.
I hate having to return clothing that doesn't fit right or just wont work.

Last edited:

Kostrize

WKR
The 210 will be a a little lighter than the Traverse Zip T, the 260 about the same or heavier. Both will be very warm for moving uphill or under load

KMW

FNG
I agree with peloton suggestions. I have a 200 zip tee that I use exclusively as a mid layer. I also have a 240 that I use as an outer layer that I will run over the 200 and merino base layer on cooler days or over just a merino layer on warmer days when I’m moving. I’m 6’3” 250lbs and wear a 2xl in both.