Kuiu color variations on same styles?

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Seems mainly Verde pattern but browsing classifieds I see articles from kuiu for sale and some appear muted or darker while some have a nice contrast. What's the deal? It's the same pieces of clothing so it's not a fabric difference.

Verde has two different patterns. Verde and Verde 2.0 that could be some of the difference and different fabrics take the pattern differently as well. All companies have the same issue with consistent appearance across a range of fabrics.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Right I understand that, it just seems like say attack pants. You search here or images on Google and some seem high contrast and some seem dingy. Same pants. Verde 2.0

Apollo117

WKR
A bit of the difference in photos you are seeing is from dissimilar cameras and poor lighting. My $150 Moto G5 doesn't take great pictures compared to a $1,500 DSLR camera.

BluMtn

WKR
If you look at KUIU's website at the Vias pattern it shows it to be fairly light in color. In reality it is much grayer in real life. I have noticed on several hunting websites the color patterns do not match the real color. Just the way the picture is shot in the studio.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely have a couple pieces of original verde that came from different lots or they changed the pattern slightly while in production - some look more "crisp" and the tan is lighter in them while the others look more "dingy" and the tan is darker, more of a brown. Maybe the same thing is going on with the verde 2.0 pieces you're looking at?

Cameras and lighting can also play a big part as mentioned. It's also not all that uncommon for textile products to vary slightly from one run to the next, or from fabric to fabric, usually it's not as pronounced though.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Yes that's exactly it! I have a peloton 240 and it's dingy and not crisp at all. I feel like it's a dark blob at a distance.

OP
J

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
Those pics are what I'm talking about. All Verde 2.0. The jacket is mine and I feel it's way to dark. I dunno

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
The photo of the two pairs of pants is verde 2.0 and 1.0. To me your jacket looks like 1.0.

I haven’t seen much 2.0 in person but the 1.0 definitely had different contrast at times. Not sure if it was how a particular fabric takes the print or just an off run.