KUIU DCS Guide Jacket vs Sitka Jetstream Jacket

Lawnboi

WKR
Not a $60k truck if that what your getting at.
Im guessing y'alls credit card payments are also more then my car payment!
I think people get too caught up in having the most expensive and newest thing. It shows how hardcore of a hunter you are doesnt it?

I bought the guide with my own money, and it didn’t work any better than a sweatshirt, so yea I’d say that was a waste of money.

Trial153

WKR
I think people should be careful projecting their circumstances on others. Believe it or not there are plenty of people that can buy a $300 jacket with as much thought as they would give to buying lunch. We should probably just stick to talking about the jackets versus making assumptions about people, regardless of their budget for an item

excaliber

WKR
The Jetstream blows the Guide jacket away. The Jetstream is windproof and will shed light ran for a while.

I'm not sure what the Guide jacket is supposed to do because it doesn't do anything well at all.

I have had both, and the Axis. The Guide shed water well for me for a while, but not the wind and it fit oddly. Kinda tight in the chest, yet baggy and long in the arms. It breathes well. The Jetstream is a good jacket, blocks the wind really well and sheds water as good as the Guide at least. I feel it's slightly warmer if there isn't much wind to block, much warmer if there is. I don't think it breathes as well as the Guide. Very comfortable. One last thing on the Jetstream - the one I have is a solid color (black) and the face fabric is super loud and seems very different from the face fabric on the camo versions that I have seen. I couldn't use it for any serious hunting, it's that bad. Not sure if the other solid colors are the same or more like the camo versions. Honestly though, it's a great jacket and I know a lot of guys that love them and I think it's better than the Guide overall.

I like the Axis best of the 3. Lightest weight, breathes well, sheds wind/light moisture really well, good fit, cuff cinches, my favorite collar, I like the higher pockets (some guys don't), quiet enough. Used it a lot this last season and was impressed.

tl;dr

Guide - gone
Jetstream - my general purpose outdoor jacket
Axis - my hunting softshell when I use one

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the guide and axis but not the jetstream, and the guide is my least favorite, I sold it and got the Axis jacket. I like the axis for fishing and outdoor use but I really don't think its worth $500 cad to me, I don't take it on my sheep hunts as its not fully waterproof, If I had a do over I'd go with the jetstream as I've heard great things about them and own a lot of sitka gear which I like.

Benjblt

WKR
I have had both, and the Axis. The Guide shed water well for me for a while, but not the wind and it fit oddly. Kinda tight in the chest, yet baggy and long in the arms. It breathes well. The Jetstream is a good jacket, blocks the wind really well and sheds water as good as the Guide at least. I feel it's slightly warmer if there isn't much wind to block, much warmer if there is. I don't think it breathes as well as the Guide. Very comfortable. One last thing on the Jetstream - the one I have is a solid color (black) and the face fabric is super loud and seems very different from the face fabric on the camo versions that I have seen. I couldn't use it for any serious hunting, it's that bad. Not sure if the other solid colors are the same or more like the camo versions. Honestly though, it's a great jacket and I know a lot of guys that love them and I think it's better than the Guide overall.

I like the Axis best of the 3. Lightest weight, breathes well, sheds wind/light moisture really well, good fit, cuff cinches, my favorite collar, I like the higher pockets (some guys don't), quiet enough. Used it a lot this last season and was impressed.

tl;dr

Guide - gone
Jetstream - my general purpose outdoor jacket
Axis - my hunting softshell when I use one
Which one do you think is the most durable?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Out of the two, I think the jetstream is a better jacket. Like mentioned, it blocks the wind so it’s warmer. I do like the Kuiu fit better but performance is more important to me.

Which one do you think is the most durable?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The Guide seems the toughest to me, although not exponentially better, imo. Prior to last fall I wore it for 3 seasons and it didn't show a whole lot of wear versus my hunting partners Jetsream over the same period. That said, his Jetstream is still functioning just fine, has gotten a little fuzzy no major damage for as much as he wears it. My Jetream in Black has a nylon face fabric after reading the tag, it feels a lot tougher than the Optifade version which is all poly I believe.

Jury is still out on the Axis. So far, so good though.

A.AYE.RON

FNG
The kuiu guide doesn’t do much other than offer some dwr protection but it does not stop wind. The kuiu axis is a better comparison to the Jetstream and I feel it outperforms the Jetstream by a long shot in breathability and is truly waterproof in the hood, shoulders and outer/top of arms. So far it’s stopping wind as well or at least I haven’t felt wind through it yet. Both nice jackets I just feel the axis does everything that the Jetstream can and adds some features and better function
My KUIU Axis wetted out within 15min fast.
Felt good nice fit but didn’t perform like I was expecting