Kuiu. Do the sizes run true

I wanted to ask if kuiu. Clothes run true to size. I wear large but in Sitka need a xl. Is kuiu the same as Sitka where you have to size up.
Thank you

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
It’s been a few years since I’ve bought it but back then it was no, no and heck no. Weird cut for me and in general runs a size small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Increase one waist size for pants, same sizes of shirts as normal, +1 for slightly roomier fit.

Pants just measure your waist with a soft tape and order the size that matches how tight you want them when you hold the tape at that size. I think the tops are true to size but I don’t wear designer shirts either

FURMAN

WKR
I have a lot of different pieces of Kuiu. Almost all of them fit the exact same as street clothes do. Some pieces may be off a half size so sizing up or down may be necessary to get exactly what you want. I have had the same experience with Sitka. First Lite on the other hand has been very hit and miss for me.

prm

WKR
Their sizes seem correct to me. However their fit is not for everybody. They are for lean bodies and long arms. I just returned a jacket because the arms were way too long while the body fit was fine.

MillCreekMike

Lil-Rokslider
I find that I need to size up for jackets. The guide & the Kenai lg was just too tight in the chest & shoulders, I had to get an XL. The attack pants seem to run true to size for me.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can go medium or large in shirts and jackets. By their size chart I’m a medium which I like for next to skin. Midlayer either one. Insulation and shells I like the large because of the sleeve length. Pants are pretty spot on for me but I’ve read a few people with big thighs having to go up and then get the waist taken in.

Compared to sitka I think the sizing is close. The fit or cut is different. I can’t wear a sitka shirt but their insulation and shells fit me great. I’ve found their shirts too short but the girth is close to kuiu. Sitka jackets have a bit more girth than kuiu of the same size.

wyosteve

WKR
I only have Kuiu jackets/vests and have to go one size up to get a fit similar to Sitka.

If your anatomy is wider than your shoulders anywhere, or has a larger circumference somewhere other than around your Lats/pecs- you probably should account for that and order kuiu accordingly. They aren’t what you might call a “gentelman’s Cut”. I’m 6’4” 185-190, and it’s like they used me as a prototype. I only own a super down, otherwise my experience revolves around trying my buddies stuff on.

BluMtn

WKR
If your anatomy is wider than your shoulders anywhere, or has a larger circumference somewhere other than around your Lats/pecs- you probably should account for that and order kuiu accordingly. They aren’t what you might call a “gentelman’s Cut”. I’m 6’4” 185-190, and it’s like they used me as a prototype. I only own a super down, otherwise my experience revolves around trying my buddies stuff on.

That means if you ever decide to get rid of clothing just let me know. Sounds like we are built very similar, except I am probably better looking.

Beendare

WKR
Kuiu has been dead on for me. Now you have to base it on your actual Taped size as the poster above stated...basing it on someone else clothing sizing is a bad idea.

Kuiu has an innovative size tool on their site too. It gives you an idea of how clothes in your size range have fit others.

You also want to factor in the item itself, so base layer I wear an XL but in Rain gear I wear an XXL.

If you have an athletic build then they fit like a dream, true to size. I was so excited when my first pair of Kuiu pants actually fit, vs the Cabela’s beer-belly treestand cut I had been used to my whole life. If your BMI is less than 28 or so then you should order your true size, that’s been my experience.

GLB

WKR
True to size for athletic build. I'm 5'9" 170 lbs. I wear large tops (light puffy and rain jackets) and 34" waist pants. I have more wiggle room in the pants then I do the jackets.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
For me kuiu fits true to size except for the guide jackets and attack pants which I need to go up a size for.

For me kuiu fits true to size except for the guide jackets and attack pants which I need to go up a size for.

I don’t have a lot of kuiu but I find the pieces I have are on the slim side.

I wear 38 jeans and xl tall or xxl in most tops.

My attacks are 40. Tried 38 but the butt and thighs were too slim. They are definitely slimmish fitting in my experience but are some of my favorite pants. Xl baselayers work fine.

Guide jacket xxl was snug. I sized up to xxxl to have room for layers. Base layer xxl is fine.