Kuiu Element Jacket

Looking to buy an everyday winter jacket, and liked the one in gunmetal, but was curious if this would work as a winter coat?

Not familiar with Kuiu, I do have Sitka and First Lite, but didn't see any good winter jackets without big hoods, but the Kuiu Element jackets fits what I'm looking for, just wondering if warm enough for a winter jacket. I know the Kuiu Puffy Pro would be the way to go, but as I stated do not like big hoods, so the Element is the only thing I'd like if warm enough?

I wish Sitka and First Lite would offer the same jackets without hoods like Kuiu does, As Kuiu has the Element with a hood or without, very nice option in my opinion. As I have the First Lite Sanctuary, which I love for late season hunting but absolutely hate the big hood and collar with it. Thanks

Badseed

WKR
I bought one last year but it was way too big and had to send it back. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to actually test it out during the winter but what I can say is that it runs larger than all of the other kuiu tops I have. My axis jacket is a xxl which fits great but the element in xxl was HUGE! I also have the fairbanks jacket for my day job and the element was much warmer for the little time I had it on. Without knowing what you expect from a winter jacket I would think the element would work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCOBB

FNG
If you haven't got one yet id highly suggest it. Ive worn mine a good bit and its a stand alone jacket for me when it gets down into the single digits while hiking.

I am sporting it as my daily jacket in Vermont. Gets PFC (pretty cold) here.

It does run larger than other Kuiu jackets.

toddh

FNG
I got one for Christmas and I love it. Looks good and is warm.

Badseed

WKR
I did get one but apparently Im just built different. I had to size down from all of my other kuiu tops without looking like Im wearing a parka and it fits okay until I raise both my arms in front of me then it is restrictive and too tight on my back. For example, i was playing basketball with my kids and I couldn’t raise my arms to shoot the ball. Im not sure how that would apply to hunting except maybe sitting down glassing with binos. As far as warmth goes it is perfect for a wearing a tshirt under it in the 20s and being comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk