Kuiu Elements Jacket

Kotaman

WKR
I bought one. It’s a nice casual jacket. A bit heavy, but a water resistant shell always weighs more. I wear mine for work. It won’t go in the field with me.

It’s nothing like a Kifaru LPP. The similarities end with the fact that they are both “jackets”. The “fiber ball” tech in the Element makes it “feel” like down, but maintains the properties of synthetic. It should in theory hold its loft better than the Kifaru. The Element has a wind proof, water resistant shell.

OP
BigCountry344
I bought one. It’s a nice casual jacket. A bit heavy, but a water resistant shell always weighs more. I wear mine for work. It won’t go in the field with me.

It’s nothing like a Kifaru LPP. The similarities end with the fact that they are both “jackets”. The “fiber ball” tech in the Element makes it “feel” like down, but maintains the properties of synthetic. It should in theory hold its loft better than the Kifaru. The Element has a wind proof, water resistant shell.

Why not use in the field?

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I had one of their original down jackets and sold it, I like the Kenai better honestly, it is more durable and same warmth as the one I had.
Maybe they have more fill in them now, but doesn't sound like it from what you are saying. Now the Kenai won't compress like the super down.

Kotaman

WKR
I had one of their original down jackets and sold it, I like the Kenai better honestly, it is more durable and same warmth as the one I had.
Maybe they have more fill in them now, but doesn't sound like it from what you are saying. Now the Kenai won't compress like the super down.

I have a Kenai. This is WAY warmer than the Kenai. Not even close. I won’t use it in the field because I have several puffy’s that will work better for hunting applications. The Element is quite a bit heavier and bulkier than most in its class and thats ”ok” for a casual winter jacket that is wind and water resistant.

Kotaman

WKR
Wonder why it’s not offered but the one solid color ?

If your question is why there aren't more solid colors, then the answer is probably that there will be if the sales of this one take of. If your question is why it doesn't come in camo, the answer is that they already have three puffy's that work better in a hunting application and this is just being marketed as a "casual" winter coat.