Kuiu Elements jacket

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to see if anyone has one for an everyday jacket? Wondering if it would be warm enough for an everyday jacket down to -10 degree or around there? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

slowyota

FNG
I have it as an every day during winter months. It's almost too big of a coat at times here in Utah. I'm going to pick up a Kenai jacket for the warmer days. But it's a great coat for those days that the snow is flying.

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I have it as an every day during winter months. It's almost too big of a coat at times here in Utah. I'm going to pick up a Kenai jacket for the warmer days. But it's a great coat for those days that the snow is flying.
Thank you. Gets pretty cold here in the UP

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

@rev44 wondering if you have enjoyed your elements jacket for everyday use? I am in northern WI and looking at the elements jacket for everyday as well but wondering if it will be warm enough for our cold winter climate?

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Wisconsin. It has been my winter jacket for 1 winter and now starting the 2nd. To me it is the perfect jacket. Doesn't overheat while in the car driving or shopping, but keeps me plenty warm outside. If you are looking for a superwarm jacket to sit outside for long periods, this is not it. If you are looking for the perfect jacket for wearing everyday, then this is it.

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
@rev44 wondering if you have enjoyed your elements jacket for everyday use? I am in northern WI and looking at the elements jacket for everyday as well but wondering if it will be warm enough for our cold winter climate?

I have! It's a great jacket. Wear it everyday up here when it gets cold. Would definitely buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duh

WKR
I have! It's a great jacket. Wear it everyday up here when it gets cold. Would definitely buy another one.

How is it with the wind?

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
You will like it

Duh

WKR
Just updating on the jacket. I wasn’t expecting it to be so lightweight but it’s been very warm so far. Went out coyote calling today in ND. With the windchill multiple weather apps said -18 was actually a feels like -40.

I put a Sitka in core lightweight hoodie under the Kuiu element and threw a Sitka jet stream over the Kuiu for extra wind protection.

I stayed out all day and was never cold. Most of the sets were on open hillsides and open cuts at the edge of the Missouri River. Glad I got a chance to use the coat all day and definitely happy with it so far.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Their inventory sucks. I guess it's because after the holidays but most items say August 2024. That sucks.