Kuiu frame suspension and flora me help?

I have been perusing the classified section looking for a used pack for an upcoming elk trip. I have spent the last month looking at reviews/videos and have all but decided to try and find a used Kuiu pack. I just seem to think that they fit the bill of not paying too terribly much for a good system. My question is sizing. I am about 6’1” 200 lb. with a 34-36 waist depending on pants. That puts me on the top end of the tall frame but I think the extra y’all frame might be better. There don’t seem to be a lot of the extra tall frames around. So do you think I would be ok with the regular tall? Or wait it out and probably pay a little more for the extra tall?

Thanks!

I would recommend measuring your torso and getting the frame you need. Some people have shorter or longer torsos. A little taller frame is better than to short IMO.

Ryan_1129

Lil-Rokslider
I have been perusing the classified section looking for a used pack for an upcoming elk trip. I have spent the last month looking at reviews/videos and have all but decided to try and find a used Kuiu pack. I just seem to think that they fit the bill of not paying too terribly much for a good system. My question is sizing. I am about 6’1” 200 lb. with a 34-36 waist depending on pants. That puts me on the top end of the tall frame but I think the extra y’all frame might be better. There don’t seem to be a lot of the extra tall frames around. So do you think I would be ok with the regular tall? Or wait it out and probably pay a little more for the extra tall?

Thanks!
I struggled with the same thing and ended up ordering a tall frame after I had the regular frame for a while and the tall works well for me. I am 6’0” 250 and I’m a 36-38 waist depending on the pants. I have a set of kuiu packs I’m trying to sell on here currently if you are interested. Nothing is wrong with them they have never carried meat in them. I am just a gear junkie and want to try a different pack. Let me know if your interested. My cell phone is 308-830-0070 for a faster response.

If you're in between frame heights go with the taller one and as previously posted, measure your torso height so you know for sure. Plenty of YouTube videos to help with torso measuring.

mooster

WKR
I have an extra tall KUIU carbon frame if your needing one. just msg me and we can work it out.

I'm different. I think 90% of the guys who buys frames buy them to tall because they think it helps them out. Maybe it does but, a taller frame doesn't stop the burning in your ass and thighs. Which is where you are going to be hurting if you have a decent belt and the suspension adjusted correctly on your system

TravisIN

WKR

Thanks!

We’re the exact same size. I measured Torso and it suggested the extra tall for me so That’s what I went with. I’ve been happy with it and have no reason to think I should have went smaller. Take that for what it’s worth . Will you notice a huge difference if you go with the tall, I dunno. But we are literally the exact same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk