Kuiu gaiters

Looking at getting a new set of gaiters, currently have some Yukon gaiters and want another pair but don’t have the colour in stock so I’m just waiting. But has anyone tried out the katana gaiters and how do they perform compared to the Yukon’s?

Brianb3

WKR
I’ve really enjoyed my Kutanas. Been looking for another set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at getting a new set of gaiters, currently have some Yukon gaiters and want another pair but don’t have the colour in stock so I’m just waiting. But has anyone tried out the katana gaiters and how do they perform compared to the Yukon’s?
Are you looking for the graphite? I was told they won’t be offering it anymore and instead, offer in gunmetal. I was told to check the site in case they have returns due to wrong sizing. I was lucky enough to snag a returned pair of graphite recently.

Brett01b

FNG
I was told the same thing that they aren’t making graphite ones anymore. IMO the Yukon’s are the best gaiters in their lineup.

PHo

WKR
I have both sets in a large. The kutana fit is a little tighter. The Kutana is also about half the weight. Other than that I think the Kutana feels pretty solid.

I have both sets in a large. The kutana fit is a little tighter. The Kutana is also about half the weight. Other than that I think the Kutana feels pretty solid.
yep, same. i like the design of the kutana better, and they are holding up well so far. i like both.

yojo.3

FNG
Old lady got me a set of kutana gaiters for our anniversary. Im never not wearing these when i go out hunting again. So far theyve held up through a good amount of tall prairie grass, snow and low tangled branches.

IMO don’t pay the camo tax. Go with BD or OR mountaineering gaiters. More durable and half the price

Frontiers

FNG
I see the Kutana Gaiters are for water, are they waterproof? I deal with alot of stream crossings and want something that will mitigate a boot full of water yet work in warmer environments (East Coast).

I see the Kutana Gaiters are for water, are they waterproof? I deal with alot of stream crossings and want something that will mitigate a boot full of water yet work in warmer environments (East Coast).
Any good gaiter will stop water for the quick term, like walking through a stream or swamp. You can’t stand in the water and expect the gaiters to keep water out. Usually they have a waterproof membrane like goretex.

fit is also super important.... too loose and they will let water right in