Kuiu gaiters

sk1

WKR
I completely love mine......used them my last few hunts in 18 to 30 inches of snow and they were great. Here is a recent thread on the kuiu gaiters

i also had my father-in-law pick up a pair before he came out here for his late season cow hunt a week ago.....and he loved them as well.

my only ones to compare them to are my previous pair of kenetreks, and i think all around they are superior, but the top latch to tighten them is the biggest advantage over the kenetrek gaiters

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?4003-kuiu-gaiters-are-awesome

OP
cali_hornhunter
Thanks sk1 I was looking for this thread I guess i didnt look hard enough but thanks probably gonna purchase some always wanted a pair just didn't know much bout them but I've been reading enough so I know what I want

sk1

WKR
you wont be disappointed, just make sure you follow their calf measurements for choosing a large or XL.....I am thinking most people fall into the large category unless you have ginormous calves. I do not have chicken stick legs and still needed the large ones instead of XL....unless you plan on having heavy layers they are going over

I needed the xl as the I had trouble getting the large to close over my size 12 asolos. I have skinny calves and am able to use them, granite they are tightened almost all the way up

Last edited:

sk1

WKR
good point pyro - if your boots have huge uppers to them or are much larger than the size recommendations also listed on the kuiu site, they could potentially be difficult to close all the way, or not even possible

slim9300

WKR
I love mine for the few times I have used them but wish them came in Vias and Verde camos so they didn't stand out so much. The gray looks a little out of place but **** it. :)

sk1

WKR
I love mine for the few times I have used them but wish them came in Vias and Verde camos so they didn't stand out so much. The gray looks a little out of place but **** it. :)

I have the brown they did in the second run and I don't think it sticks out bad.....love the gaiters so i have to agree, ef it :p

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love mine. I went with the XL just because I have big feet. They fit perfect around my boot. I have normal sized calves and they still fit me well.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
I used OR crocodiles for years and used the KUIU gaiters for the first time this fall. I am glad I purchased them . Slightly quieter than the OR gaiters and kept my pants and feet dry. Their durability has not been put to the test as they are new. The lack of seams will likely lead to a longer life than other seamed gaiters in my opinion.

Maxhunter

WKR
I previously had Kenetrek gaiters but I don't care for the secure snap at the top. I now have the KUIU and there design is top notch.

dotman

WKR

Easy solution, just get gray pants :)

Rizzy

WKR
I really have liked them up to this point. The buckles on both of them broke last week. I really didn't start using them until early December when the snow started to build up. I have been using them weekly since then, not a whole lot of use in my opinion. I never gave it much though until now, but those buckles are made out of light gauge pot metal or maybe aluminum. Not a good choice of material for a component in that location, it really needs to be stainless steel or at least something stronger.
This is a little disappointing because I'm careful and dainty with my gear!

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 129

sk1

WKR
I really have liked them up to this point. The buckles on both of them broke last week. I really didn't start using them until early December when the snow started to build up. I have been using them weekly since then, not a whole lot of use in my opinion. I never gave it much though until now, but those buckles are made out of light gauge pot metal or maybe aluminum. Not a good choice of material for a component in that location, it really needs to be stainless steel or at least something stronger.

hopefully it doesnt become an issue.....i used mine pretty hard but only for about 14 days or so.....not enough to judge long term durability yet

That's definitely not good!
Did you have them tightened up all the way? I have mine adjusted about as tight as you can go and I think it helps keep them where they are designed to be and keeps them from twisting and getting stressed. I've got 20+ days in mine and a LOT of miles and they've held up great. Expect to get many more seasons out of them before replacing them. The only thing I don't like is the boot lace hook oftentimes will come loose from my boot lace. Not really an issue and it still doesn't ride up the boot at all, just annoys my ADD a bit. :)

Mike

sk1

WKR
hc - i am just the opposite, mine are slightly loose, but not loose enough the strap can wander outside of the gap in the bottom middle of your boot