Kuiu Gale Force Vs Feathered Friends or other jacket?

I am looking for a recommendations or input for a bomb shelter Jacket for a Late-season Idaho hunting trip. I typically go with the following, but 10 degrees and strong winds a couple of years back. It got pretty cold.

Merino 145 or 210 base layer

Kenai hooded Jacket

Kuiu Super down Ulta Jacket

Axis Jacket

I’m looking at the Kutana Gale force, a Buddy mine with this jacket, but haven’t tested the elements. Seem highly durable, warm, and I like the long coat tail.

https://www.kuiu.com/collections/insulated-jackets

Or the Feathered Friends Volant, which I currently don’t have any items from them, excellent reputation and local company to myself. Which I like. I only wish the jacket went below the waist, as it seems it doesn’t from the picture.

https://featheredfriends.com/collec...nds-volant-down-jacket?variant=20303411249206

If anybody has any input on these two jackets or wants to through another one into the mix. Please do so. Thank again

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider

FNG
I got the volant after freezing my tail off in the kuiu puffy. It is my favorite piece of clothing now. Super toasty at roughly 2 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MoxieOutfitters
I got the volant after freezing my tail off in the kuiu puffy. It is my favorite piece of clothing now. Super toasty at roughly 2 lbs.

I haven’t checked out the Volant in person. Is the outer fabric water-resistant? Does it repel water? assuming it runs large, did you upsize to wear more layers under neither?

Love my KUIU. You might be good with the Yukon and save a few bucks. That Gale Force is reserved for the worst of the worst IMO

FNG
I haven’t checked out the Volant in person. Is the outer fabric water-resistant? Does it repel water? assuming it runs large, did you upsize to wear more layers under neither?

The Pertex fabric is pretty good but not water proof. If it’s cold enough to warrant that jacket, the snow should be dry enough to shed well. Their website has all sort of good info too.
Runs a bit big but I would check it out in person if possible. Big bucks for awesome gear are a poor investment if it doesn’t fit your body well.