Kuiu Garage Sale

I've heard that the gear/clothing that's being sold is used or defects, can anyone confirm ? Also any Roksliders going to be showing up, curious to see how far people will travel for some deals. I'm fortunate enough to be only an hour away

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure on the quality but theres a butt load of ppl in line. 300 maybe? that show up,even some parking lot camping. He made a video last yr and talked to ppl in line. I think austraila was the farthest, but many folks from back east. Get there early if your going to go and if u havent seen last years video of the garage sale, watch it and youll have a better idea.

Some of it is returns, defects, discontinued products, stuff like that. The prices are stupid good though, so cheap it doesn't matter, if you don't like it you could just throw it in the trash or use it as a rag good.

I won't being going anymore most likely though. It's gotten really out of hand with the amount of people that go now. Pushing, shoving, mad dash and grab, not my thing anymore.

You will see a TON of stuff pop up on eBay, some here and some on other forums after the sale. The first couple years was really just guys who wanted to use the product, now it's turned into a money grab for some. Some guys even camped out in line I guess last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went about three years ago and it wasn't that bad, maybe 20 people in line. But I've also heard it is a zoo now. I only live about an hour away so I might go by if I've got the time. And yes some of the stuff is stupid cheap. They used to have returns in the store super cheap. It's hit and miss. I got a pair of gaiters for 39$ that had a small dirt stain. Also got a pair of the old Chugach rain pants made in Canada for 50$ and they were new. That was a couple of years ago.

I meant to say if you live close enough you can get some of the same return deals during regular store hours if you get lucky.

Me and a couple buddies were thinking of going down, I suggested friday after work cause I saw the video last year.

Beendare

WKR
I went by there for the first time Tuesday as we were in Dixon anyway shooting carp.....no sale to speak of....my buddy picked up that UL pack for 20% off. The frame is too short for me....but good news for tall guys; Cody said they are coming out with a longer frame soon.

I can't imagine 300 cars in that little strip mall parking lot for 30 cars......

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there anything else to do in the area to justify a weekend trip with airfare? I can't see any savings after traveling expenses.

JNDEER

WKR
I have been there every year. It is not as bad as a walmart on black Friday, but very close. No violence, but if you think you are going to have time to look over a product to find the defect, look for the size everything will be gone by the time you look over one item. It is more of a grab as much as you can of the product you want then go through it and hang around to watch people put stuff back when the realize it is not what they wanted.

The method last year where you can only buy 3 things then get back in line worked for the honest people like myself. Then when I came back around I realized others had grabbed everything and were waiting until the "time" was up and they could purchase as many items as the wanted. That was frustrating.

Getting there early doesn't work anymore. Last year I showed up around 0300 and was about 20th in line with 3 groups of people that showed up mid day on Friday. By the time they let us in I was about 70th in line as they were just place holders for there family and friends.

They no longer offer discounted items in the store that were returned because they sell them at the garage sell.

I went by there for the first time Tuesday as we were in Dixon anyway shooting carp.....no sale to speak of....my buddy picked up that UL pack for 20% off. The frame is too short for me....but good news for tall guys; Cody said they are coming out with a longer frame soon.

I can't imagine 300 cars in that little strip mall parking lot for 30 cars......
+

They park em in that dirt/ grass patch across the way.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Is there anything else to do in the area to justify a weekend trip with airfare? I can't see any savings after traveling expenses.

SF is an hour away if your into sight seeing. Golden gate, catch a ball game. Salmon fish out of the bay. Its 20mins from the delta if you wanted to book a striper trip or just drop a line. I believe they have a great 3d shoot out there. 2 and half hrs to yosemite. Theres a bunch to do just depends what your looking for. Napa wine is an hr from there. Drive highway 1.

Loco4dux

WKR
I went the first year, it was low key and fine... I went last year and it was a COMPLETE ZOO. I will not be attending anymore of them... I would rather pay more money for the stuff I want in the right size than deal with that mess.