Kuiu Guide Jacket vs Sitka 90%

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my Kuiu Guide jacket. It is very well made and fits me well. I got XXL as I am very tall but athletic build. I plan to use it on my CO elk hunt in later September but also for tree stand whitetail hunting. It seems a little noisy for tree stand hunting? Maybe that will diminish some after a washing? How would you compare it to the Sitka 90% jacket? I also domt like the hood on the Guide jacket dont really want a hood. I have some Sitka gear and it is very quiet in the brushed Forest camo. I also have the Ascent jacket for warm weather so looking for something with a little more warmth for mid temps. Thanks!

opg

FNG
I have the same concerns with mine, its a little noisier then I thought it would be. Ive heard it softens a little after a couple of washes. I used it the last week of the season here in Eastern, NC. I had several deer within 15yds, but I didnt draw my bow or make any other movements.

Last edited:
Utah Transplant (after ~20 years in Colorado)
I own both the Kuiu Guide and the Sitka 90% jackets. I would say that the two are comparable. I haven't noticed a difference in terms of noise.... However, the 90% jacket does seem to drape better, given that the Guide Jacket is slightly stiffer, but to me that hasn't translated to a difference in noise emmitance. Good luck on your CO elk hunt!