WTB Kuiu guide vest in blaze orange

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I spoke with Kuiu last fall regarding these vests. They will be for sale again this year, late spring or early summer

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah for sure. I always hate wearing some cheap baggy vest I found last minute at a Walmart or something. Here in Sd were only required to have one piece of orange so I just go with a hat. Headed to Montana for bear and need 400sq inches

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Could try a Sitka blaze vest. I have seen them on sale for 70 or 80, but they have a foam shoulder pad on the right side and I really don’t want extra material between my shoulder and the gun..already have a base layer, puffy vest and a jacket.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Could try a Sitka blaze vest. I have seen them on sale for 70 or 80, but they have a foam shoulder pad on the right side and I really don’t want extra material between my shoulder and the gun..already have a base layer, puffy vest and a jacket.

That foam pad is removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I love Sitka products and just started buying Kuiu items but neither of their vests have the features I want in an orange vest. The old Primos bow vest works perfect for me. Lots of pockets, cinches close to your body and has hand warmer pockets big enough to put my phone in.
747395e7da31f67711ab2fcb4096efb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i figure with the kuiu guide vest if I get it large enough to go over my guide jacket I won’t loose any pockets, also wasn’t gain any like the primos vest...I usually just wear a super thin light cheap one so I don’t notice it’s on. I do have a guide vest in Vias and I enjoy wearing that so I figured I would like a blaze. That is if they ever make them again.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
For any of you considering these vests, just a word of advice on the sizing. I own the teton jacket, peloton jacket, chinook jacket, Superdown jacket, and guide jacket, merino tops, and chugach rain jacket, all in size large. I like how all of them fit. I'm 5'10" & 192lbs. Approx 43inch chest. I read a few reviews about sizing up with this vest so I did. Ordered an XL and just got it today. This vest fits almost perfect over a tshirt, merino layer, and my guide jacket. I would absolutely not want it any smaller. It would certainly have been too small in a large size. My case might be different than some, but it seems as if this vest is a size upper for sure. Hope this helps someone. Good luck

Last edited: