Kuiu Guide Vest size?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
So I made the plunge and bought attack pants and shirts but my next buy is the vest. I'm not sure how "athletic" the cut is on the vest/jackets though. Wish there was a dang store or somewhere to try this stuff on!!

I'm 5'10" 180lbs and pretty fit. 41" chest so I fit kinda weird in Kuiu's sizing chart.

As a reference I fit perfect into a medium First Lite Springer vest but I think those are a tad bigger then a normal medium

LazyV

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the same height as you with a little more meat on the bone and I wear an XL. I like my stuff a little more loose, but even in an xl its not all that big. You'd probably be fine with a L.

Last edited:

opg

FNG
I just bought a med for a guy that lets me hunt his property. Hes built about like you(5'8",170,40) so I went with a med. I tried it on and was surpised that it fit me(6ft 185,42) pretty well. I think it was a little to short for me in the torso area and wouldn't have left much room for layering. If you plan on layering much under the vest I would go with a large, if not go with the medium.

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I am just about your exact size. 5'11" 165 41" chest and I definitely go with the large. I bought the medium and tried it on but it left no room for layering and was way too short IMO.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I'll say go with a large too, I'm just about your size too haha but with a 42" chest and the large is perfect for me...

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I think the large is the best size but I just talked with Jason from Kuiu and he recommended a medium for me. Hmm not sure. The large is on back order so I might try a medium and see. Just sucks wasting $12 return ship if I need a large.

Thanks for your guys input

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
It may be too late, but I am 5'10" 180 and probably have a 41" chest (I haven't measured in a while). I have a large vest and I don't think I would want to go any smaller.