Kuiu Guide vs Axis Fit???

Erictski

FNG
So I bought the Axis but felt the sleeves were a bit snug with my Kenai layered under.
Those that have or had both in same size, how do you feel the guide fits in comparison?

I also decided I hate jackets with hoods or at least the type of hood the Axis has so am looking at the hood less guide jacket.

Skeeter

FNG
I have both jackets, and I think the Guide runs just a bit smaller than the Axis in the armpits and chest.

Skeeter

FNG
If I need a shell to layer over my puffy I usually grab the Yukon, which has a bigger cut.

OP
E

Erictski

FNG
If I need a shell to layer over my puffy I usually grab the Yukon, which has a bigger cut.
I hear you. My Pnuma rain jacket is great over. But want a soft shell for Wisconsin whitetail. Hard shells are just a bit too noisy.

OP
E

Erictski

FNG
I have both jackets, and I think the Guide runs just a bit smaller than the Axis in the armpits and chest.
Thanks. Arm pits and chest a bit smaller would be ok. But sleeves is really what I am hoping is a bit bigger or at least the same. I might just have to order and try it myself.

Kostrize

WKR
I have both, much prefer the arms of the Guide for layering. I can get a midweight fleece and SD Ultra jacket under my Guide no problem, with the Axis I can get a midweight fleece and that’s it.

I think the fit is the same through the chest, shoulder, and midsection. The forearms are just much narrower on the Axis. The Axis is a better overall jacket IMO though

Skeeter

FNG
I went and put both on just now to compare again, and the arms on the Guide are roomier than the Axis. Hadn’t really thought to compare the sleeves before. While the sleeves are roomier, my Guide jacket is slightly smaller in the chest and armpits compared to my Axis.