KUIU Guide vs. SKRE Hardscrabble

Looking for input on these 2 options. I am going to end up with one or the other. They will be used for general hunting here in PA, anything from turkey, to coyotes in the winter, to archery deer. They will also be used for some western hunts, elk, deer, antelope. I have quite a bit of First Lite, but looking this way for a lighter more general option.

Seems like the consensus is that they are both quality options, but I'd like some input from someone who has used both, or one, and why you chose what you did.

airbuds

FNG
Seems like everyone's asks questions comparing Kuiu to something... That should tell all you need to know.

I would go with the Kutana softshell over the guide jacket. More durable and better at stopping wind.

OP
B
I would go with the Kutana softshell over the guide jacket. More durable and better at stopping wind.
I was looking at it also, seemed a little more versatile.

My main goal is the have a versatile quiet outer layer. I really like the heat dumps on the SKRE gear.

I keep going back to SKRE because it seems like they have top notch customer service and warranty, but I don't want to sacrifice any quality either. It's hard to get true reviews from people who aren't brand fanboys sometimes.

So I guess I'm trying to see if there is any significant quality difference between the two? And which one you would choose and why

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The SKRE hardscrabble and the older kuiu guide jackets were similar. I haven't tried any kuiu in a couple years so not sure if the guide jacket design has changed or not.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
Can't comment on the SKRE since I have not used it. The Kuiu Guide jacket is one of my most used pieces of gear. Durability has not been an issue and it has been put through some fairly ridiculous situations. I don't think you will be disappointed with either the Guide jacket or Kutana. Also KUIU sale starts tomorrow "up to 40% off their best sellers"..

Hoghead

WKR
Just got a pair of sker unita pants. All I can comment on is fit. I bought the sker because atack pants fit like skinny Jeans. This skre have more room in the legs I know you were asking about hardscrabble but though how they fit might be useful if you have big legs like me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk