KUIU Hood Design

I wear both KUIU and Sitka and can't for the life of me understand why KUIU's hoods are so loose. Just bought a new Strongfleece 260 and its money except for the hood. Very loose and not form fitting. Am I the only one that finds this annoying?

Adam

Drenalin

WKR
Nope...Kuiu's hoods suck, Sitka has that part of it nailed. I do like the hood on the Kenai, but that's because it cinches down to something functional (unlike the hoods on their midlayers).

OP
F
Nope...Kuiu's hoods suck, Sitka has that part of it nailed. I do like the hood on the Kenai, but that's because it cinches down to something functional (unlike the hoods on their midlayers).
Yeah it sucks because I really like everyting else, but I am a huge fan of hoods on my mid layers and jackets. I think this is a deal breaker for me. Gonna return what I just bought and wait for Sitka Ambient to be back in stock.

Drenalin

WKR
Yeah it sucks because I really like everyting else, but I am a huge fan of hoods on my mid layers and jackets. I think this is a deal breaker for me. Gonna return what I just bought and wait for Sitka Ambient to be back in stock.
The hood is a big part of the reason I'm using a Sitka Heavyweight Hoodie as my midlayer instead of the Kuiu Peloton 240. I have a hoodless 240 on the way and can see myself using it in combination with the Heavyweight Hoodie in some situations (whitetail hunting anyway). I'm interested in the Ambient and watching the thread on it closely, but I'm a little concerned that it won't be much warmer, if at all, than the Heavyweight Hoodie. If that's the case, I'll skip it because of how great the hood and scuba neck are on the Heavyweight Hoodie (love not needing to bring a neck gaiter with that thing).

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
Can the hood be modified? I have changed a lot of gear to make it better for me. We do most things ourselves and for the more advanced changes, I've taken it to a tailor and it has always been reasonable.

OP
F
The hood is a big part of the reason I'm using a Sitka Heavyweight Hoodie as my midlayer instead of the Kuiu Peloton 240. I have a hoodless 240 on the way and can see myself using it in combination with the Heavyweight Hoodie in some situations (whitetail hunting anyway). I'm interested in the Ambient and watching the thread on it closely, but I'm a little concerned that it won't be much warmer, if at all, than the Heavyweight Hoodie. If that's the case, I'll skip it because of how great the hood and scuba neck are on the Heavyweight Hoodie (love not needing to bring a neck gaiter with that thing).
I can tell u last years short sleeve Kelvin active hoody was much warmer then heavy weight hoody. It had 90 grams of insulation and the new ambient hoody has 100gr so I think it will be much warmer then heavy weight. It will also breath and dry quicker so really a win win