Kuiu Hydration Hose Cover

I'm hunting SW Montana in mid-November. Wondering if the Kuiu Hydration Hose Cover will keep my hydration pack hose from freezing in the cold. I've heard that can be an issue in the late season hunts. Or am I just better off getting a Platypus bottle to carry my water?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I'm hunting SW Montana in mid-November. Wondering if the Kuiu Hydration Hose Cover will keep my hydration pack hose from freezing in the cold. I've heard that can be an issue in the late season hunts. Or am I just better off getting a Platypus bottle to carry my water?

Yeah I’d just get a bottle, bladders are a pain in the cold. At least enough that I don’t deal with it (from SW MT). The cover helps but when you’re out all day the cold catches up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Most helpful think is blow the water backwards after taking a drink so it goes back into the bladder. When its really could I sometimes have to tuck my mount piece (mine has a cap) into by collar to thaw it from time to time. That tends to work in all but the really cold stuff presuming you drink periodically.

TheTone

WKR
Most helpful think is blow the water backwards after taking a drink so it goes back into the bladder. When its really could I sometimes have to tuck my mount piece (mine has a cap) into by collar to thaw it from time to time. That tends to work in all but the really cold stuff presuming you drink periodically.

Pretty much exactly as I do when its real cold. Blow water back into bladder out of the tube and tuck the mouth piece into my jacket, clothes, etc.