Kuiu Icon pro 1850 or 2300?

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
I currently own an exo k2 5000 but it's a tad large for just day trips. I'm trying to decide between the Kuiu Icon pro 1850 or the 2300 for day trips. I will use this bag to haul water, cutting tools, small stove, med kit, extra clothing layers for myself and my wife and also have the capability to haul meat. Any thoughts between these 2 packs? I'm hoping to pick one up on a black Friday sale.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I have zero durability concerns with the ultra line. Bet the crap out of my ultra 4000 crawling through hell the past few seasons. Its trimmed down enough with enough organization that it works very well at least for my needs. Won't break the bank either.

I ran the Icon Pro 1850 on an elk hunt last year. With a 3L platypus, Ultra NX rain gear, kill kit, compass, headlamp, Kenai puffy, zip off base layer pants, day’s worth of food, and a tripod, it’s pretty much full.

The extra room of the 2200 would be welcome for hunts with more severe weather, but the 1850 does have two upsides. The first is that it can be used as a frameless day pack, which I’ve never done, but it’s a nice feature, especially if you’ve already got one of the old suspensions and buy the newest one.

The other thing is it doesn’t require you to unthread and reconnect the “bridge straps” as they call them, you just loosen them up like the side compression straps. This is a really nice feature of you use it to carry a tree stand or hauling multiple loads of meat shorter distances.

OP
aaron600rr

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
I ran the Icon Pro 1850 on an elk hunt last year. With a 3L platypus, Ultra NX rain gear, kill kit, compass, headlamp, Kenai puffy, zip off base layer pants, day’s worth of food, and a tripod, it’s pretty much full.

The extra room of the 2200 would be welcome for hunts with more severe weather, but the 1850 does have two upsides. The first is that it can be used as a frameless day pack, which I’ve never done, but it’s a nice feature, especially if you’ve already got one of the old suspensions and buy the newest one.

The other thing is it doesn’t require you to unthread and reconnect the “bridge straps” as they call them, you just loosen them up like the side compression straps. This is a really nice feature of you use it to carry a tree stand or hauling multiple loads of meat shorter distances.
That's a good point about the load shelf. I've been thinking of buying a pack tree stand for my little honey hole for next season. Lot's of things to consider before black Friday sales.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

eoperator

WKR
my wife bought a pro 1850 and 3600 this year. used the 1850 1 day before switching to the 3600. I'm willing to bet you would like the extra room when needed synch it up when it is not needed

I’m very happy with my ultra 4000. Only 18.3oz, gets small enough for a day pack yet can go a few days.

Squeeked out 4 nights and 5 days out of mine this year. I'm betting I could probably get 7 days in there with the area I was hunting but man it would be crazy tight.