KUIU Icon Pro 1850 Without Frame?

tracker12

WKR
I am considering a KUIU 1850 that comes without a frame. Am I making a mistake? For the most part I don't think I will need it except the occasion I would want to pack boned out meat between the frame and bag.

Dodgeis4me

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my kuiu 1850 with the pro suspension... the only time I am going to use the frame is when I know I will be packing a lot … the setup is awesome. I love how I don't have to use the belt when I have a lite load...

MtGoat

FNG
I use the 1850 without the frame almost weekly.
Small enough to just throw a few things in the bag and got.

This time of year it has the TP, rain gear (more for protection from a biting wind and snow), energy bars fluids and a small survival med kit.

Pat

okccj

FNG
If you buy this pack with out the frame does it come with back pack straps or do you have to buy those separate?

okccj

FNG
I am considering a KUIU 1850 that comes without a frame. Am I making a mistake? For the most part I don't think I will need it except the occasion I would want to pack boned out meat between the frame and bag.

I'm in the same boat. I'm wanting to use this pack without the frame but I like the idea of having the option to add a frame later.