Kuiu Icon Pro 2300 vs Venture 2300

golfbum

WKR
Looking for a good day pack and already have the Pro 3600 full kit as well as a 2300 bag. I don't need this to be a great hauler as it will be used mostly for scouting and day hunts. Would you stick with the 2300 bag or sell the bag and pick up a venture 2300? What the pros and cons of each?

Last edited:
I haven’t used the Venture packs but I use an Icon Pro 1850 with the frame for day hunts (as well as longer).

I really like the ability to pack out a whole deer in one trip, or put a turkey/decoy/tree stand/sitting pad in the meat shelf.

The Venture is less than 1 lb lighter and probably is a little more comfortable/flexible with very light loads, but I only see that as a real benefit when you’re shooting a rifle with the pack on.

It is nice having two packs so you aren’t having to swap stuff back and forth (assuming some of the gear you use is different), and you’ve got a spare for a buddy then. For a little bit more $ than the Venture though you could pick up another frame and suspension if you catch a sale though.

I've got the Venture 1800 and it's a great little pack for scouting and can pull double duty on reasonable day hunts. I've even packed a little meat in mine and it was better than I expected.