KUIU Insulated Snap Shirt

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I wear mine pretty much every day.... I got it in the outlet though, so my expectations were low. It's pretty warm, but not extremely warm. For Alabama, I'd imagine it'd be plenty warm. In CO, it's good for most days that aren't dumping snow or raining a ton.

Good Luck!

MT_Wyatt

WKR
One thing to consider is the snap shirt uses the same fabric as the Teton stuff. I say that because it's abrasion resistance is quite poor when compared stunner stretch stuff like the Kenai jacket. I actually warrantied one (which Kuiu was very good about) because I found it's performance so poor, I tore one up with very light use over a weekend hunting. For around camp I'm sure it would be fine, and the piece fits well. Good for around town. Not a great field piece though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JDZ

WKR
I bought one used from the Rokslide Classifieds. I like it for everyday use. Never actually found a reason to bring it into the backcountry.

it's abrasion resistance is quite poor when compared stunner stretch stuff like the Kenai jacket.
I thought the material used on the snap shirt and Kenai were the same. You're saying the Kenai is more durable?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just looked the kenai is 30d, teton is 20d.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I bought one used from the Rokslide Classifieds. I like it for everyday use. Never actually found a reason to bring it into the backcountry.

I thought the material used on the snap shirt and Kenai were the same. You're saying the Kenai is more durable?

For sure. I think the 20D fabric on the Teton stuff is just too light. The cuffs are sewn at the very edge as well....I get the whole no spandex / Lycra thing, but I will say stretch has its place. Both the kenai and snap shirt cuffs really can't be pushed up over my forearm. I think that's too much compromise.

I have one. Nice piece. More of an around town garment. I would echo the durability point. Mine is a year old. A couple of washing and a few dozen wears as a casual item and I can see some pilling in the fabric. I like it but I can't see it lasting very long. Even shorter with hard use.

I think a more traditional puffy would be a better al around Choice but for a nice casual piece it ain't bad.

Stwrt9

WKR
it's a really nice piece for wearing around town. Not sure if it will ever see field use as i just can't seen to find a spot for it in my system. like others have said it's not very durable if your going to be going through brush and it's not something i would sit around and glass in if the temps were super cold.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since the snap shirt has less insulation than the teton jacket I don't see it as an insulation layer. Casual wear in the summer or maybe a mid layer under a puffy.

For durability maybe I had lower expectations therefore I'm happy with it. (My experience is with the teton jacket) you can't expect much. However when in the moment it took brush very well. It would pill but didn't shred. I wouldn't blow a shot opportunity to take it off first. You might tear it but it won't shred like aluminum foil leaving you without a functional piece.

Again have realistic expectations. For the weight, warmth and performance I'll take a snap shirt or teton over a thick merino sweater like the Labrador or similar from ice breaker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk