KUIU Kutana Gale Force System Review **Updated 3/28/21**

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
That's a good point, possibly. The jacket itself runs big the bibs don't run near as big.
Right from their website gave a layering suggestion to give an example of this size. Was Base Layer Mid Layer Kenai Ultra Gale force. To me all this stacked under insulation is going to get you down to the -40 they stated.

TFrank

WKR
Very interested in the blizzard and this set as well. Can’t wait to see how it shakes out. Been waiting for a reason to pull the trigger on either set.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I prefer the Sitka Blizzard at the moment. It's quieter, more comfortable, and just as warm. I just wish it had pit zips but let's be honest it's not for moving around.
Thanks for your input on this. I'll have to hold off for the time being and seeing what Sitka comes out with instead of the Blizzard set....if it has the same pit zip and venting as the gale force i'll go that way. The 34 inseams with my short 31 legs has always been a problem for me. (6'0", 200)

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Very interested in the blizzard and this set as well. Can’t wait to see how it shakes out. Been waiting for a reason to pull the trigger on either set.
The Blizzard looks to be getting discontinued and maybe replaced. They are blowing them out right now across multiple websites with 500.00 in savings. If you are going to pull the trigger id do it quickly before the sizes disappear. I've made up my mind after talking with one-shot and going blizzard. Its too bad it doesn't have the pit zips but I can't make the gale force 34" inseam work. And the 500.00 USD makes a huge difference when converting to CDN for me

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I prefer the Sitka Blizzard at the moment. It's quieter, more comfortable, and just as warm. I just wish it had pit zips but let's be honest it's not for moving around.
If its gonna keep me warm at the intended negative teens to -40 for the type of hunt i do every 2-3yrs with potentially allowing a mile hike or 2 in snow it will be worth the $$. Thank you for the input. You helped me pull the trigger on a blizzard set

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Blizzard looks to be getting discontinued and maybe replaced. They are blowing them out right now across multiple websites with 500.00 in savings. If you are going to pull the trigger id do it quickly before the sizes disappear. I've made up my mind after talking with one-shot and going blizzard. Its too bad it doesn't have the pit zips but I can't make the gale force 34" inseam work. And the 500.00 USD makes a huge difference when converting to CDN for me
Its getting redesigned.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Its getting redesigned.
Figured as much. I picked it up for the extreme discount they were running because I can't see myself paying the extra 500+ for the changes unless its mindblowing

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
M
Figured as much. I picked it up for the extreme discount they were running because I can't see myself paying the extra 500+ for the changes unless its mindblowing
Makes sense to me.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had my Gale Force bibs and jacket for about 3 weeks now.
Have used them for 5-6 days of ice fishing.
So far so good, Northern Saskatchewan -28 C with windchill was the coldest day ive used them.
30 minute drive on the side by side to the fishing hole and warm as can be. Fished all day and was very warm.
All I wore underneath was a cheap pair of Walmart jogging pants, a t shirt and the Peleton 240 full zip.
Also used the Kenai beanie and Northstar glomitt and was very happy with both.
I think this will be a great system for me for all day cold weather sits for November deer and all my ice fishing and wolf hunting in very very cold temps.

Bo2103

FNG
cold 5-15 degrees muzzleloader deer hunt. The gale force is extremely loud and sounds like when moving your crunching a bag of chips.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
cold 5-15 degrees muzzleloader deer hunt. The gale force is extremely loud and sounds like when moving your crunching a bag of chips.
It is very loud and the colder the temps the louder it gets.

Kgartside

FNG
Sounds like a lot of people think this set is loud. Is just while walking or just in general. I’m looking at this as a possible whitetail tree stand set.

Kotaman

WKR
Sounds like a lot of people think this set is loud. Is just while walking or just in general. I’m looking at this as a possible whitetail tree stand set.
It’s NOT whitetail tree-stand set at all. If you want something for hunting out of a tree-stand, look at something designed for such. Sitka Fanatic or Incinerator or First Lite Solitude or Sanctuary. Or any other insulated pieces with a soft exterior. KUIU’s focus is not the whitetail woods...yet.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
I plan to use my Gale Force set for whitetail hunting in November in Northern Alberta.
But it will be rifle hunting from a pop up ground blind.
With that said I would not recommend it for bow hunting, it is too loud.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's pretty loud for a whitetail sit. But I suppose depends if you'll be rifle hunting or bowhunting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Kgartside

FNG
Thanks for the info. It would be for bow hunting. I use there guide DCS coat and pants for mid season and like it a lot.