KUIU Kutana Gale Force System Review **Updated 3/28/21**

I have the Gale Force jacket. Honestly is might be the best piece of clothing I have. They hit a home run here, as its not only extremely warm, but it’s very light AND bulletproof. You don’t see that combination much. Actually am considering buying it in a solid color for everyday wear

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
It definitely runs big but I suppose that it better than to small.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I own more Kuiu than anything else, inner circle and all that, but for this specific application in a hunting scenario I much prefer the Sitka Incinerator jacket, especially if you are an archer. I'm 5'10". Bought the gale force jacket in gunmetal as a ski jacket, and sold it pretty quickly because it looked dumb. It is definitely warm though and blocks the wind....everything its supposed to do it does. Just tailored for a taller person IMO

Waterproof, Windproof, Insulated

Tested and proven in the most severe weather conditions, Kutana Gale Force is what you need when getting cold and wet are not an option. It’s the cold weather hunting gear for harsh environments that others wouldn’t even consider hunting in. It’s waterproof, windproof, and insulated to keep you safe and protected.

This system just showed up at the house. First impressions are that it seems very durable, warm, but stiff. The design and build of the gear seems like they could handle a ton of abuse and extreme weather conditions. I am excited to put them to the test because they seem pretty awesome. I plan to test this system on several Late season hunts from Idaho, to Montana, to South Dakota, to Colorado, to Wyoming. The hopes is to have completely miserable conditions to try it out in. Rain, snow, wind and everything in between. One plus I already see, especially on a late season hunt is the fact that it is 100% waterproof and insulated. To me this means you don't have to carry a puffy and a rain shell you could just take this one piece (on a late season hunt) A side note if you choose to order them the jacket and bibs run big.

What questions, thoughts, concerns, or ideas do you have for the test?

What questions do you have about the system?

I'll do my best to answer what I can and make a great review for everyone.

**Update 3/28/21** Kuiu Kutana Gale Force System Review
Great thorough review thanks! Now what kind of layering systems might you use with this system?

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great thorough review thanks! Now what kind of layering systems might you use with this system?
Depends on what type of hunting and the weather. You could have a base layer and a soft shell under it and on colder hunts put a puffy top and bottom unde it.

landrun

FNG
Are these supposed to fit really high on the waist (without the high waist extension?). I wear a L in all my Kuiu and these seem much longer. Either they are very long in the legs or the waist sits above my belly button. I may try a M instead.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
i picked these up a few weeks ago and so are very impressed. What i found a bit odd in the pants is the crotch is quite tight, and i expected the legs to be very long as they are 34" inseam and i am a 31". So they do bunch up above my knee but something i could deal with

landrun

FNG
i picked these up a few weeks ago and so are very impressed. What i found a bit odd in the pants is the crotch is quite tight, and i expected the legs to be very long as they are 34" inseam and i am a 31". So they do bunch up above my knee but something i could deal with
Do yours sit at the waist like normal pants? (Without the high waist piece)

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are these supposed to fit really high on the waist (without the high waist extension?). I wear a L in all my Kuiu and these seem much longer. Either they are very long in the legs or the waist sits above my belly button. I may try a M instead.
Mine aren't working very high on my waist.