Kuiu Kutana Pants

sneek-ee

WKR
How is the sizing on the Kutana pants?
Read mixed reviews that they are tight and other reviews that they are true to size. Nothing saying they are "big".
How bout compared to the attacks sizing? I have a pair of those?

Don't want to order my regular size just to have to return them for a size up.

Also, is it a true 34 inseam? I already know they're going to be floods on me cause Kuiu says they won't make them in talls, so I'm curious if they are 34 or more like a 32 length.

Hoping to replace my attacks with a more durable pant that lasts longer is my goal. Attacks are way too hot and warm for me. I want a summer, hot weather scouting and August archery season pant. Thanks

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve tried Attacks in 2 different colors in a 34 and returned because they were to tight. 36’s were way to big. Kutana 34s were just right for me.
Length is little longer then my jean 32’s, but good for me with boots on, probably true to 34 lengths. Also, the base camp sierra pants in 34 fit me well and very similar to Kutana sizing.
I wear 34x32 in most jeans some 33x32

Kutanas definitely run small. Tiburon, attack and guides I’m a 32. I had to order a 34 in the kutanas to get them to fit. They were too loud for my liking so I sent them back. Tiburons are my go to early season pant..they just aren’t as durable.

xcutter

WKR
Kutana sizing is on the small side in my opinion also. 38 Attacks fit me perfect. The 38 Kutana's are snug in the waist and legs.

They definitely run a touch small. I think they are considered athletic cut so they fit tighter on the legs than other pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
My first impression was that the Kutana (and Tiburon) pants ran smaller than the Attack pants. Over time I came to the conclusion that they have a more athletic cut and have less stretch than the Attack pants. The Attack pants also tend to stretch out a bit more with extended wear than the Kutana and Tiburon pants do. The un-stretched waist size of my freshly laundered Attack, Kutana, Pro and Tiburon pants are all pretty darn close, They just don't feel that way so if you want the Kutana pants to feel more like the Attack pants then you might want to size up.

OP
S

sneek-ee

WKR
My first impression was that the Kutana (and Tiburon) pants ran smaller than the Attack pants. Over time I came to the conclusion that they have a more athletic cut and have less stretch than the Attack pants. The Attack pants also tend to stretch out a bit more with extended wear than the Kutana and Tiburon pants do. The un-stretched waist size of my freshly laundered Attack, Kutana, Pro and Tiburon pants are all pretty darn close, They just don't feel that way so if you want the Kutana pants to feel more like the Attack pants then you might want to size up.
Thanks for the replies and feedback.
Sounds like I should size up and id be fine.

How quiet (much louder) are they compared to the attacks. I've heard they get quieter with time and use, but I've read they still should be fine bowhunting as is.
And also temperature, they bearable to wear when its 80 or 90 degrees? Cause I sure dont like the attacks if its hot at all, way too warm.

BBob

WKR
I want a summer, hot weather scouting and August archery season pant. Thanks
Tiburon's are easily my choice for early hot weather and beyond. I also find them more durable than some seem to think. I wear them 4-5 times a week if not more year round.

I wear 32 in all three (Attack, Kutana, Tiburon). Tiburon and Attack fit similar with the Kutana definitely tighter. I still comfortably wear a 32 in Kutana but wouldn't want them any smaller, 34 is too big in the waist for me. Probably comes down to where you actually land size wise.

Thanks for the replies and feedback.
Sounds like I should size up and id be fine.

How quiet (much louder) are they compared to the attacks. I've heard they get quieter with time and use, but I've read they still should be fine bowhunting as is.
And also temperature, they bearable to wear when its 80 or 90 degrees? Cause I sure dont like the attacks if its hot at all, way too warm.
Have worn my Kutanas above 110* F many times.

Truth be told, there's a point where anything is too f'ing hot.