Kuiu Kutana Storm shell pant performed admirably in tough conditions!

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to post my experience today, as I went on a shed/buck bed hunt in snow, ice and thick brush. This was my first real field test of the kutana storm shell pants. I had only previously worn them hiking in rain. Today I walked through a frozen tamarack swamp, busting through the ice at times up to my knees in muck. I had to get through some multiflora rose thickets to get to bedding areas. I climbed through, under and over all kinds of brush today. The kutana performed great for a lightweight rain shell. I didn’t have any issues with water getting through or wicking even though at times I had to pry myself out of muck and water that would have gone over my rubber boots. After the trip I didn’t see a single thread picked which seems like a miracle based on the amount of thorns and prickers I encountered. I’m Super pleased with these pants so far. My last few rain shell pants were not so durable. I hadn’t seen any reviews of the kutana durability. Just wanted to post up if anyone is looking at these.

Last edited:
OP
FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Embellishment since I was excited...maybe yes! Exaggeration? No!...the thorns on these rose thickets, briars, and the buckthorn brush are no joke here in my neck of the woods. They chew through most other lightweight rain shells.

Last edited:

Xavier

FNG
I wanted to post my experience today, as I went on a shed/buck bed hunt in snow, ice and thick brush. This was my first real field test of the kutana storm shell pants. I had only previously worn them hiking in rain. Today I walked through a frozen tamarack swamp, busting through the ice at times up to my knees in muck. I had to get through some multiflora rose thickets to get to bedding areas. I climbed through, under and over all kinds of brush today. The kutana performed great for a lightweight rain shell. I didn’t have any issues with water getting through or wicking even though at times I had to pry myself out of muck and water that would have gone over my rubber boots. After the trip I didn’t see a single thread picked which seems like a miracle based on the amount of thorns and prickers I encountered. I’m Super pleased with these pants so far. My last few rain shell pants were not so durable. I hadn’t seen any reviews of the kutana durability. Just wanted to post up if anyone is looking at these.
I’ve been debating about buying those bad boys. How do you find the fit???

OP
FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been debating about buying those bad boys. How do you find the fit???
They are fairly slim fit. I’m 6’ 190# and large fit well. The waist is really comfortable and I can layer under fine. If you want to layer over puffy pants you’ll want to size up. My big issue is I have a 31” inseam and they make my size only in 34” inseam so I do get some extra fabric on the bottom. I like them enough to live with it though.