Kuiu kutana stormshell pants inseam

I am looking to get a pair of these pants to match my jacket I just picked up. The inseam on the size I need is 34 inches. My normal inseam is 31. Will this be problematic? With the full length zipper and reinforcements at bottom of pant hemming seems impractical. Anyone running these have a solution for excessive inseam length?

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I have these and have the same issue as you. I am a 31" inseam and they somehow thought the average inseam should be 34" instead of 32. They do bunch a bit at the bottom and the knee. With that said I haven't noticed it be a real hinderance to anything just have the excess fabric. I also don't see how they could be hemmed and keep their integrity as a shell, but I'm no tailor. They are tough pants and if you needed to when hiking with certain boots, they're also tapered at the bottom so you could fold two inches under. Just roll them opposite so they tuck towards the inside.

OP
Brian Fahs
I have these and have the same issue as you. I am a 31" inseam and they somehow thought the average inseam should be 34" instead of 32. They do bunch a bit at the bottom and the knee. With that said I haven't noticed it be a real hinderance to anything just have the excess fabric. I also don't see how they could be hemmed and keep their integrity as a shell, but I'm no tailor. They are tough pants and if you needed to when hiking with certain boots, they're also tapered at the bottom so you could fold two inches under. Just roll them opposite so they tuck towards the inside.
Good info.
I am torn between these and the new sitka dew point pants.
I am not a backpack hunter and do encounter a lot of greenbriar in the mountains I hunt.
Sounds like kuiu has good durability.
I'm leaning the kuiu direction

OP
Brian Fahs
Also could you comment on the breathability and waterproofness of these pants

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I am pleased with the durability. So far the kutana have been really tough in the thorn filled area I live in. I haven’t had them in extended rain conditions yet to test wet out and breathability in super wet conditions. I have worn them hiking in wet snow and they’ve been great. I wear them steelhead fishing over my rubber boots and go in the water messing with the boat. No water has penetrated even standing submerged for several minutes. I haven’t noticed feeling clammy at all hiking either. My other kuiu chugach rain gear I’ve had in all kinds of rain and it’s performed as well as any rain gear Ive ever had. I can’t imagine the kutana under performing.
I’ve also had some of Sitkas waterfowl goretex shells and they make good stuff. You can’t go wrong either way.
I’ve spent 1000+ days on the bering sea in Grundens rain gear so I know wet and clammy.

Cody_W

WKR
I run chagach and it has been great, may be leary of the new dew point durability. The weight sure is nice though.

OP
Brian Fahs
I ordered the kuiu katana storm shell pants today. I went with the ash color to match my jacket.
I will test it this spring Turkey hunting. Will pull a leafy suit over it for concealment but should work for stand hunting for deer.
My main concerns are keeping dry and not shredding it. We shall see.

OP
Brian Fahs
Got my kutana stormshell rain pants. I wear a 38x32 jean and went with kuiu xxl to wear over a base and pants. Fit is awesome.fit is generous but fine for hunting. I like them so far. Some field torture this turkey season will be the test .

Got my kutana stormshell rain pants. I wear a 38x32 jean and went with kuiu xxl to wear over a base and pants. Fit is awesome.fit is generous but fine for hunting. I like them so far. Some field torture this turkey season will be the test .
I just ordered the set today and was having anxiety about getting a xxl in the pants as I wear a 38, if you had your time back would you of got the xl or is the Xxl good? Are they sloppy generous or just loose?