Kuiu Lifetime Warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDT

FNG
PXL_20220817_130144372.jpg

I purchased a Kuiu Guide Jacket in 2011 and actually only wore it casually and not hunting. I recently packed it on a trip and found that the seams around the arm vent zippers have become unglued (both arms). I contacted Kuiu and they responded that the warranty is for the lifetime of the product and that "Industry wide, the average lifespan of a softshell jacket is roughly six to seven years as has been compared with Arcteryx, Patagonia, and other top level brands across the industry. " They then referred me to a place that might repair it at my own cost.

I have a Sitka softshell jacket that is a year older that I've taken elk hunting and all of the seams are fine. Anyone else think that they are not abiding by the terms of their warranty? Nowhere do they say that their products have an industry average lifespan of 6-7 years. LL Bean's famous lifetime repair/replacement warranty changed because people were abusing it, but at least they openly changed the terms of their stated warranty.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Yea lifetime means lifetime not 6 or 7 years that’s sad to hear as I have a lot of kuiu stuff. Maybe you need to call them again and get a little ugly about it and let them know you bash them all over The interwebs. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I’d give them a bit of a harder time. It’s a simple yes or no, is it lifetime warranty? Yes. Then make it right. Sounds crazy for them to compare their products with competitors and say since the competitors products last x amount of years, that’s how many years our “lifetime“ warranty is for. Over the past year I’ve bought a few pieces from them and that will stop instantly if this is really how they do business.

OP
JayDT

JayDT

FNG
Yea lifetime means lifetime not 6 or 7 years that’s sad to hear as I have a lot of kuiu stuff. Maybe you need to call them again and get a little ugly about it and let them know you bash them all over The interwebs. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted on their Facebook page and in the /Kuiu subreddit. Anywhere else?

I purchased a used one from here and wore it once and the same thing happened to me. Luckily I didn’t have to fix it because I lost it, or someone snatched it from my camp in WY.

Sounds like they were pulling the 6-7 year life span out of thin air. If I had to guess, Arcteryx, Patagonia, and other top level brands across the industry would disagree with that point. What is that 6-7 year life span based off of?

TSAMP

WKR
Man, 11 years out of a jacket isn't bad.. also creating accounts just to bash them isn't solving anything. You likely enjoyed the jacket the past 11 years right? I'd check into the repairs if it was me. More than 50 bucks I'd probably toss it. Maybe they would give you a steep discount on new If indeed the repair costs were extreme.

I do agree that if it's indeed lifetime of garment warranty it should be explained that way clearly. This does constitute a failure in manufacturing, but the glue probably turned to dust..

I agree with the OP that it sucks, but if'n it were me, I'd take it to my local tailor lady and she'd fix it in a day for $20 and I wouldn't have to fight with anyone or otherwise waste my time or emotion.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've got 99 problems and a 11 year old jacket isn't one of them. I have the same jacket from the same year, it looks like hell, wouldn't dream of whining about it.

I keep seeing people using RS as a bully pulpit on there first post.. naw... no matter the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.