• Continue to support

Votes: 88 52.4%
  • Find a new option

Votes: 80 47.6%

• Total voters

cmeier117

WKR
Dotman,

I agree with you 100% They wouldn't need to have all the bells and whistles of other companies maybe just a pant and a softshell jacket to start with. Schoeller dry skin is the bees knees IMHO. I know they don't come in camo as of yet but I heard from a reliable source that it is potentially possible. I would vote for Multicam!! They could also sell to the Military market....

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Made in China is on everything I own these days...... It sucks, but that's life. I try to support local if I can, but it's hard. The thing that I am pissed about is Jason not being upfront! He claims to be transparent, open, and listens to customers. He has had months to let everyone know of the move and kept quiet. His website still had "sewn in Vancouver BC" while delivering made in china gear to his customers! I'll look for other gear just for that fact alone! With all the pissed off comments on every hunting forum, I am sure Jason has some deep thinking to do!

It's only life if we accept it, put your foot down and money where your mouth is and if the community at large does this we may be rewarded. It will not stop the made in China but maybe give us an option atleast.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Dotman,

I agree with you 100% They wouldn't need to have all the bells and whistles of other companies maybe just a pant and a softshell jacket to start with. Schoeller dry skin is the bees knees IMHO. I know they don't come in camo as of yet but I heard from a reliable source that it is potentially possible. I would vote for Multicam!! They could also sell to the Military market....

Exactly! Maybe they could setup a partnership on the wool, they already have had the puffy coat.

cmeier117

WKR
I would love a packlock vest or wind shirt but I am not picky I want the fabric and clothing to fit and function well!

Kifaru needs to stay right where they are. No need to mess with a good thing. The real people who know that it takes awhile to get a good product, are the people who will be your true customers for ever. You mess with a good thing, bad things happen. He will sell. People will leave. Thats when Kuiu moves into Cabela's, and Bass Pro Shops. The people who left Kuiu because it took to long to get there product, are not true to their sport of hunting. Think about it. If you can't wait for some clothing, or plan ahead for something. You shouldnt be Hunting in the first place.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kifaru needs to stay right where they are. No need to mess with a good thing. The real people who know that it takes awhile to get a good product, are the people who will be your true customers for ever. You mess with a good thing, bad things happen. He will sell. People will leave. Thats when Kuiu moves into Cabela's, and Bass Pro Shops. The people who left Kuiu because it took to long to get there product, are not true to their sport of hunting. Think about it. If you can't wait for some clothing, or plan ahead for something. You shouldnt be Hunting in the first place.

How long should a guy wait for one clothing item, better question, how long after the promised date should a guy wait for one item of clothing?

JG358

WKR

LOL, Guess i should go turn in my elk tag.

I'm fine with waiting until a planned delivery date but not a couple months past that date.

Shrek

WKR
I suspect much of kuiu's delivery problems was related to them moving production offshore. Some of you are saying the new stuff you have beengetting already is made in china. The chinese had to set up , fabric had to be shipped to china. Then it had to be cut and sewn. A container from china takes 30 to 60 days to get here. They were taking orders while shutting down canadian production wich left a couple of months without new product. They were also lying about where they were sourcing the stuff. First class A-holes imo.

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe now since its made in china they can sell it to all the chinese hunters.Buy American thats the only way things are going to change,and the way it should be!

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
They wont see another dollar from me. I know other gear and clothing items are made in China but I think if enough people stopped purchasing from Kuiu they might see the mistake they are making. Only reason I bought stuff from them before was because it was not made in China.

They should have been honest to their customers before they started shipping orders out with tags that said made in China. Well maybe Kuiu can get caught up on orders due to lack of sells.

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
I suspect much of kuiu's delivery problems was related to them moving production offshore. Some of you are saying the new stuff you have beengetting already is made in china. The chinese had to set up , fabric had to be shipped to china. Then it had to be cut and sewn. A container from china takes 30 to 60 days to get here. They were taking orders while shutting down canadian production wich left a couple of months without new product. They were also lying about where they were sourcing the stuff. First class A-holes imo.

Agreed

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
How many threads are needed on this topic?

I suppose Kuiu will deal with what backlash happens with this move. I think each hunting consumer has to weigh all of the options.

To me, performance is what matters while I am hunting. It the quality and performance stays as good as it is, I am going to continue to buy it.

Kuiu is a business, and they made their decision. Businesses get to make those choices. Consumers get to choose what they buy.

sk1

WKR
this is just the reality of it.....nothing is locally made anymore because it usually costs too much. i am not happy with it, but will continue to purchase their clothing if the quality remains, id like to say stepping away from kuiu will make a difference but it wont....there is always someone to take your place, and always will be. i try to buy american made vehicles but even that is getting harder and harder to do. there is also a severe lack of options for quality hunting clothing made in north america, and i want the best my money can buy.

the only thing i can say for sure, at least at this point....when i shoot an elk or deer, it's made in america, and for now that will have to be good enough.

Does this move really surprise you guys. Jason is a business man! He has thought this move out. He is likely to please more people by being able to deliver the product on time than He will lose due to those consumers who disagree with offshoring. The economics of this business decision is the main reason for the move. It was so obvious with wait times that things were not working and he was in turn losing that business. Not everyone is as hardcore hunters as us roksliders are. I don't think i am going to far by stating that the average hunter who wants to where kuiu is going to be able to understand that they need to order their merino wool three to six months before the planned fall hunts.
I am happy with the kuiu products so long as they perform.

Jimbob

WKR
Kifaru had clothing BUT guess what they couldn't keep up with demand so they stopped. They have trouble finding skilled sewers to work for them. It is not just a matter of hiring more people. KUIU could not keep up with demand so what should they do?

I work for a company that manufactures in China so I'm a bit biased from the start on this subject. It is a more complex issue at hand in economics, keeping up with supply and demand, keeping up with inovation and to be profitable. Bottom line is companies do make the decisions, customers make the choice to buy or not to buy. What matters to me for most things I buy is performance, inovation and value for my money. I'll support Kuiu based on their performance and the value to me that they provide.

R

red

Your bang on!

JDC

FNG
Kuiu was never made in the US... It was assembled in North America and all i ever saw was guys bashing Jason for not delivering.. He made a change and now you don't like it.... I'm starting to think your wives and girlfriends are right saying "all you do is complain".... and you know they do.

How many other companies this size, do you know, where you can complain right to the top guy? The problem is some of you are attacking the guy and you have no idea what he stands for..

Please don't make this site like the others I no longer visit simply because of the lack of respect for others.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately, it is what it is. As noted by others we as consumers have the choice to buy or not buy. For me if the quality and innovation remain for KUIU I will continue to purchase the gear offered.