Kuiu "Made in China"

Kuiu "Made in China"

• Continue to support

Votes: 88 52.4%
  • Find a new option

Votes: 80 47.6%

• Total voters
Kuiu "Made in China"

I buy made in USA as much as possible, but clothing is the one area that's really tough to find good technical clothing in..

I think my gear list is 100% USA (or as much as possible, I'm sure manufacturers get some of their materials from China) except for my clothing..

But, I don't buy Kuiu for other reasons.. Such as awful business practices, lying to their consumers, and being elitist d-bags..

Id actually be interested in your list of you don't mind sharing?

I recently bought a knife (through the catalog) from Cabelas. It was listed as a "Guide's knife", and carried a brand name that was an American Icon at one time (my grandfather used to have them). When I got it and opened the box, the knife blade had a big "made in China" stamp on the blade where the name of the knife used to go (years ago). I returned that knife the same day. Obama is sending too much money to China, why are WE doing it too??

jm1607

WKR
Id actually be interested in your list of you don't mind sharing?

Sure, I can post a full list when I get home.. Hunting now but sitting inside drinking coffee because I know whitetail are not coming out prerut in this damn 20 mph wind!!

Only thing I can think of that is blatantly made in China is my jetboil, but I have plans on changing it soon.. Actually starting my own company :O Shhhh... Also my black eagle arrows are Chinese :( but they are just so bad ass compared to Eastons imo

Off the top of my head I'm going to use a Kifaru pack, Jimmy tarp, thermarest pad, Feathered friends bag, Katadyn hiker pro (Europe), Leki poles (Europe; had Black Diamonds but I've personally had bad luck with them), kestrel knife... Thats all the big stuff I think.. Like I said, I'm sure some of them get materials from China but that's pretty unpreventable nowadays..

Last edited:
Sure, I can post a full list when I get home.. Hunting now but sitting inside drinking coffee because I know whitetail are not coming out prerut in this damn 20 mph wind!!

Only thing I can think of that is blatantly made in China is my jetboil, but I have plans on changing it soon.. Actually starting my own company :O Shhhh... Also my black eagle arrows are Chinese :( but they are just so bad ass compared to Eastons imo

Off the top of my head I'm going to use a Kifaru pack, Jimmy tarp, thermarest pad, Feathered friends bag, Katadyn hiker pro (Europe), Leki poles (Europe; had Black Diamonds but I've personally had bad luck with them), kestrel knife... Thats all the big stuff I think.. Like I said, I'm sure some of them get materials from China but that's pretty unpreventable nowadays..

Nice, I'm like you, I try to go USA but it gets unavoidable to buy things over seas.