Kuiu "Made in China"

• Continue to support

Votes: 88 52.4%
  • Find a new option

Votes: 80 47.6%

• Total voters

dotman

WKR
I get they are a sponsor but let's take a quick poll. Jason always says he listens to the customer, maybe he will rethink this move.

Higbean

FNG
Boy, the way "he" went about it was pretty chicken shit. Pretty sure he's the talking head in what we'll end up finding out is just another corporate backed beer made to look like a micro brew. Lame.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Oh he will just sell it like he did Sitka, profits for a rich boy.

Lawnboi

WKR
Ill continue to buy thier stuff.

My guess would be that they had to do this because they couldnt keep up with production when it was all n. america made. They were loosing costomers because of it, everyone complained that they couldnt get what they wanted. Now it seems like they are making an attempt to produce larger amounts, thus solving the problem and people are shooting them down.

So long as the quality stays the same i will continue to buy.... I do like to support US companies like Kifaru ect. But i have no problem buying things made in other countries.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Ill continue to buy thier stuff.

My guess would be that they had to do this because they couldnt keep up with production when it was all n. america made. They were loosing costomers because of it, everyone complained that they couldnt get what they wanted. Now it seems like they are making an attempt to produce larger amounts, thus solving the problem and people are shooting them down.

So long as the quality stays the same i will continue to buy.... I do like to support US companies like Kifaru ect. But i have no problem buying things made in other countries.

Well they probably won't have that problem when half the customers leave.

Shrek

WKR
I'm hoping the chinese company makes tons of knockoffs and floods the market with cheap gear and puts him out of business. I think any company that is american and builds their product in china to sell in america is commiting treason.

I think in some ways he was trying to listen to customers... this is the quickest way to up their production and keep people in stock. Though its his company and they will continue to make great money. Though at this point they just put themselves on the same boat as Sitka for my gear choices...

Mike

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
My buddies and I were just talking over the weekend about how awesome it is that kuiu is made in a Canada, and shipped in the states. 100% North American Company, now this.

I have been frustrated not being able to get my gear from them in a timely fashion. however if you cant keep up, outsourcing is not the answer. Hire more North Americans and look for efficenices here.

Brutal

Lorne

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I personally had rather pay more and plan more to have the right gear, than to buy stuff made in China. I paid more to get KUIU vs. Sitka, as I get a 40% discount off of Sitka. I now may be rethinking this decision.

Slim Jim

WKR
Greed is the problem. They should stick to their guns on premium price points and keep the quality instead of quicker and cheaper product for the consumer. I was planning on buying Kuiu for the next year seasons but now I will be rethinking that decision

cmeier117

WKR
I always knew that some gear was going to be sold out and kept my eye out for it when I saw it in stock. I was fine with that. I know he needs to make money and run a business, but I wish he didn't do this. Can someone answer me where Kryptek and First Lite is made?

cmeier117

WKR
Kryptek is too or from somewhere over seas. In a few month everyone will look at all the china made hunting clothes and still choose KUIU. Are their even any mountaineering clothing companies that are in Europe?

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Great opportunity for Kifaru to think about expanding and growing. They could produce a great clothing line Made in the US and even if at a higher price I would off load all Kuiu items and upgrade to Kifaru. What do you say Kifaru? Maybe an event line and work with First Lite on bringing back their production to the states for a wool based product?

Heck even if they had it made in Canada at the now old Kuiu sewing facility. Also Kuiu did a poor job on obtaining materials in my opinion. Kuiu would have been better off looking at a different material like event then moving to China.

R

red

Made in China is on everything I own these days...... It sucks, but that's life. I try to support local if I can, but it's hard. The thing that I am pissed about is Jason not being upfront! He claims to be transparent, open, and listens to customers. He has had months to let everyone know of the move and kept quiet. His website still had "sewn in Vancouver BC" while delivering made in china gear to his customers! I'll look for other gear just for that fact alone! With all the pissed off comments on every hunting forum, I am sure Jason has some deep thinking to do!