Kuiu makes the big swim......

Hardstalk

WKR
I'm going to start a thread to list made in USA clothing. If anyone knows of a US manurfacturer please post. It is getting very hard to find made in USA clothes.

Doluth work wear! Tougher than an angry beaver. Unfortunately there sizes are designed for corn fed fellas and my desert a$$ cant hold up their pants. Lifetime no bull garuntee.
Doluthtrading.com

Alright, alright. It's called capitalism. You follow the laws that we have. Boom. Sell out to your true customers. Make alot of money. The End.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
Are their any? From what tags Ive checked, I dont think any of my hunting clothing is made in the US.

Beyond Clothing makes custom technical clothing in the USA. I have a soft shell jacket of theirs and it is awesome. I think they have a tactical division that may even have camp clothes.

Scott

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only reason they are doing this is because they don't want customers to continue to wait so long, also I thought it was moving to Japan? I'll go reread their blog.

If this is the only reasoning its Bullshit plain and simple. A majority of the orders come from where? North America. So explain to me how having it made farther away, with greater shipping times will decrease waits. LOL

dotman

WKR
If this is the only reasoning its Bullshit plain and simple. A majority of the orders come from where? North America. So explain to me how having it made farther away, with greater shipping times will decrease waits. LOL

Les, read some more of my posts after I wrote this and reread the blog.

cmeier117

WKR
$$$$$$$$$$$ It is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Sorry I had too. It may be a little about customers and quality may not go down. But its about the $$.

dotman

WKR
I understand it, just don't believe that it is a customer wait issue.

I agree now, Jason is just another sellout who only sees $$ and Toray will own Kuiu and it will sell in all the box stores just like Sitka.

swat8888

WKR
I'd never heard of beyond clothing, but after checking out their website I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering a soft-shell in the near future. They look awesome and I love the ability to customize as I tend to like minimalist jackets due to their weight but they don't have enough pockets for me. Which of their softshells did you get sab? I am eyeing the one they have in Scheoller 400.

Floorguy

WKR
Looking back at Jason's blog posts if you look at the Eastman's ad "Do your research" the last time the phrase "Made in North America" was used was June. Both the July and August ads appear sans phrase.

Kinda makes you wonder how long it will take the remaining stock of the "Kuiu: Made in North America" trucker hat in the Outlet to sell out.

sab

Lil-Rokslider
Which of their softshells did you get sab? I am eyeing the one they have in Scheoller 400.

To be honest, I don't know which one I have. I bought it third-hand. A friend bought it on ebay for $35, it didn't fit him, but it fit me nearly perfectly. He sold it to me for what he paid, so I got a sweet deal. I will definitely buy from them when I need something new!

Scott

Shrek

WKR
My guess is all the supply issues were related to moving production to china. It takes 30 to 60 days to ship a container from china. Had to set up shop and ship in the fabric and make enough to fill a container. Jason is a liar and a first class A-hole. This has been in the works for a long while. Promoting the company as north american while planning the move to china.

Shrek

WKR
Beyond Clothing looks really good ! Custom fit with great fabrics. Maybe they will cater to the hunting market if they are made aware of how open it is. I would love to see a banner ad for them here instead of kuiu.

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I've been waiting on a pair of pants from them since June, might have been may! When I preordered the,, they promised me they would be here for my August hunt, that's the whole reason I went with kuiu. I'm really comsidering selling my kuiu on eBay and going with Sitka, I've missed too many scouting trips and hunts on a promise they didn't keep. If they do go to china, that might be the last straw. I really like their stuff that I own but I like Sitka as well........ Decisions decisions

Thanks for the info.

Its pretty brutal if you cant scout and hunt becuase you are waiting for one pair of pants!

Lorne

Guess I can talk all the crap I want then.... My truck was made in Flint ;)

How old is your truck? What make? I thought the same with my dodge. I dug deep enough and majority of it comes from ole mexico and a large portion from japan.

I can take you to the plant in Detroit that makes your dodge ram. Actually, its sterling heights. And I can also take you to the plant that makes the GM trucks in saginaw/flint and show you them rolling off the production line.

Was meant as a tounge in cheek smart azz coment but its a 06 Chevy 2500. Has the Proudly made in Flint MI sticker on the drivers door. My Honda was US made as well, cant say the same about my Expediton... its from Mexico.

That expedition was made in Dearborn. I can also show you that plant. :)

tstowater

WKR
3 things to remember: #1- burn a customer once, burn him twice, no chance for the third time. There will be very few people who will support JH if pulls the same deal with KUIU that he did with Sitka. #2- the average American customer is too cheap to pay for U.S. made products. To used to cheaper prices based on foreign production. Think about it, KUIU is only assembled in Canada, not made there. #3, he owns the company (and whatever investors are behind it) and entitled to do with it what he wants. If you don't like it, find something else. You will cast your vote with your $$$.

No need to bitch, whine and complain. Just decide what you are going to buy the next go around, whether it be KUIU or otherwise.