Kuiu merino 230 zip t

this shirt is by far my favorite layer except the stink. mine stinks all the time! its faded a little with like 5 washes now but is still funky!
my 185 top had a little odor but it went away after a wash or two and has slight smell when wet. this shirt is downright offensive when wet and bothersome even when dry and after 5 washes. hoping it goes away eventually cus im gonna keep wearing it (cant return it as i ripped it and had to have my mom mend it)

OP
O

Ozz08

WKR
None of my other merino wool has had the typical wet wool smell. The smell of the 230 is pretty much a wool smell but 10x stronger. My wool stormy kroner cap doesn't even smell that bad when wet.

aggieland

WKR
This musk or wool/sheep smell you guys are smelling might not be a bad thing. Hell, it might work great as a cover sent when stalking.. Ha, ya never know!!

Blackcow

WKR
I have the same smell with all of my KUIU shirts both the 185 and the 250. Never really goes away unless completely dry Bad in the wash,horrible with my sweat I thought for a long time it was just me! But as far as offending animals,forget it. Elk and deer don't seem to be bothered by it,and I've worn mine on a ton of hunts since I bought mine summer before last .Just warn your friends about it. They'll think you're dying , or rolled in sh*t.

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
I've noticed that smell on all my Kuiu shirts and the 185 beanie. I've got the 185 and 250 shirts. I run in the 185 shirts and beanie a fair amount, they get pretty soaked and the wet dog smell gets pretty strong. Though I think it has gotten better over time and multiple washings. I've also got both smartwool and ice breaker shirts and they don't seem as strong. But since the smell on the Kuiu shirts has faded over time, I can live with it. And I haven't noticed it as much when hunting.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got this top last November and have worn the S--- out of it and many days in a row with no stink......odd for what I am hearing from all the other comments, but this has been my go to top when the temps are in the 20-30's........as it is a lot more durable than the other KUIU base layers, not snagging etc when going through heavy brush etc...

bowuntr

WKR
I like mine much better than the straight merino shirts. More comfortable too... Ed F

Attachments

• Ed Fanchin Mt Lion.jpg
    Ed Fanchin Mt Lion.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 36