Kuiu mid layers

davescarp

WKR
Looking at the peleton 200, strongfleece 210, or even the insulated snap shirt. what's going to be warmer?

I'd guess the peleton 200 but I don't have any reference for the snap shirt. Can anyone provide some comparisons on these, perhaps relative to a sitka core heavyweight or midweight? I owned a peleton 200 once upon a time but apparently didn't think much and sold it.

I already have a peleton 240 but looking for something under that and over the base layer.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
In terms of warmth I'd rank them this way from coolest to warmest - 118 - 97/240 - 200 - 260.

I haven't had a 210, but if the construction is like the 260 I have no doubt it'd be warmer than the 200 and 240.

I was not impressed by the the 240 I had, and for the weight I'd easily carry a 97 over it, and I do.

RAPTOR

WKR
Insulated snap over the 200 for sure. The 210 I don't have, but it's thicker than the 200 as well. I'd go base layer, 200, insulated snap, outerlayer if it were me.

mcseal2

WKR
I use the snap shirt either under or over the Peloton 240 depending on conditions. More brush I wear it under, if I might want to remove it more often I wear it over. I really like that combo. I often throw a Sitka Mountain vest over it all to stop wind from reaching my core. The 3 together aren't much different in weight than a softshell jacket and are much more versatile.

Add an appropriate rain jacket and puffy jacket and I'm pretty well set. The snap shirt is an ok replacement for a puffy in warm weather, but it's usually a supplement for me rather than a replacement. I rifle hunt and seasons are mostly colder.

Do a base layer, Peloton 260, and then the Peloton 240 over that (for wind protection). This will give you a much range of temperature coverage than if you went with any of the other listed mid layers.