KUIU Mountain Star 2 Person Tent Review ***Updated 12/22/20***

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw you sell one a few weeks back. A bit too small or what’s your overall thoughts after using?

Great tent. I ended up (reluctantly) purchasing a very expensive dcf 2 person tent (Tarptent Stratospire Li) that uses trekking poles. Between the dcf fabric and the lack of tent poles it comes in at roughly half the weight. It’s also double walled with roomy vestibules.

Not a bad thing to say about the Mountain Star- very spacious for one, very storm worthy and big vestibules and reasonably light.

Great tent. I ended up (reluctantly) purchasing a very expensive dcf 2 person tent (Tarptent Stratospire Li) that uses trekking poles. Between the dcf fabric and the lack of tent poles it comes in at roughly half the weight. It’s also double walled with roomy vestibules.

Not a bad thing to say about the Mountain Star- very spacious for one, very storm worthy and big vestibules and reasonably light.

Whats your thought on the stratospire Li? The sil ss2 has been my primary backpacking tent for a while but have lusted for a Li since it came out. It overlaps with my DCF duomid and ss2 too much to pull the trigger though.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've only got one night in it :) but it's very roomy for one, the vestibules are roomy as well

it has a lot of guy out options, so thinking it should perform well in adverse conditions- and that's what the reviews I've read have said

it takes a little practice setting up (as did my Aeon Li), but a little time in the backyard and it went pretty smoothly

I think between the venting and double construction, condensation should be mild to none

oh and it's light AF :D