WKR
Thinking of getting a mountain star 2 person tent? Any body had one

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's a review on this tent in the sticky thread part of this section

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gmul

FNG
I just bough one. Set it up in the yard on the weekend and seems to be good quality. Will get a chance to use it on a bear hunt in the beginning of June. I did order the storm star ground sheet since it’s 40d instead of the mountain star 20d

bruno59

WKR
Great lite weight tent a little cramped for two big people but great for a solo i have used mine for at least 40 to 50 nights though wind,rain,and snow has held up great plus easy set up is nice i use the storm star ground sheet also but have used it without and still works good

I recently had a chance to lay down in one and can confirm it's nice quality. The larger "C" clips can be a bit tricky to open and close, but otherwise it's easy to set up (and fly-first pitch, which is key).

I did find it a bit short for me though. I'm 6' 2" and laying down without my sleeping bag it's a tight fit. I would likely need to lay diagonal if I wanted to maximize comfort. That doesn't bother everyone though so take my opinion as just that.

Good tent though and at a nice weight, too.

We bought ours last year and have had it in decently rough conditions. It's been bombproof thus far. Next weekend it'll likely be into some more heavy rain and snow.

Overall it has it's pro's and con's like any other tent would. This is my take so far.

Pro's
- Relatively light weight for a 4 season tent
- Very quick setup and stays dry if raining
- Quality materials used!

Con's
- Very small vestibule. Think just enough for boots and rain jacket.
- Like any other "2" person backcountry tent it's tight with 2 in there even if your smaller people.

I think after this one gives out I'll probably opt for a Hilleberg Nalo 3 GT when I'm going with a second person (wifey) for the extra room. Even just the Nalo 3 would likely be an upgrade from the Mountain Star....but Kuiu 15% coupons make the Mountain Star attractive price wise. It's really a solid tent and doubt you'd regret it knowing the above cons!