Kuiu Moving on from Yukon Raingear?

Noticed that Kuiu has moved their heaviest-duty raingear (Yukon) to the outlet section. Now they’ve only got Northridge, Chugach (currently owned), and Kutana lines of raingear.

Anyone know if they’re planning on releasing a new line for above Kutana?

Ha I was just checking on these, did they say when the updated version would be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
It was on one of their Inner Circle talks. I don't remember when they said it was going to be released. I think the video is out there but most of the talk was about something else. It was probably at the same time they announced the new Ultra Down LT.

OP
pnwsteelheader
It was on one of their Inner Circle talks. I don't remember when they said it was going to be released. I think the video is out there but most of the talk was about something else. It was probably at the same time they announced the new Ultra Down LT.
Oh I see. Was laughing when they announced the new Ultra Down line. I had finally purchased the previous model a month before they were discontinued. Good little jacket, will be nice for PNW alpine glassing in august/September.

Venom One

WKR
I'm guessing the new Yukon line will be a more durable version of the TR Chugach material??

I watched the exclusive event where they announced the new rain gear. It seems pretty similar, with a 3 layer construction but an additional fourth layer on the elbows, butt, lower leg, basically all the high abrasion areas. I'm kind of surprised it's not out yet, should be very soon

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Noticed that Kuiu has moved their heaviest-duty raingear (Yukon) to the outlet section. Now they’ve only got Northridge, Chugach (currently owned), and Kutana lines of raingear.

Anyone know if they’re planning on releasing a new line for above Kutana?

Should we be expecting a $700 price tag for the entire setup? Ha
Probably more.

This got me thinking, so I'll share what I gathered from my internet research for heavy duty rain gear.

Stone Glacier M7 Set- $698 - 44.8 oz - 2.8 lbs

Kuiu Yukon Set (not the new one)- $708 - 46.2 oz -2.89 lbs

First Lite Omen Set- $780 - 56.25 oz. - 3.52 lbs

Sitka Thunderhead Set- $678 - 47.95 oz. - 3 lbs.

Obviously it's not apples to apples, but the Sitka, Kuiu, and Stone Glacier sets are pretty close in price and weight. Firstlite is heavier and more expensive, but I can't say which is better because all I have is the M7 jacket. But I have no plans to sell that jacket anytime soon.

Also I'm assuming the new Yukon rain gear will be out Wednesday, because they're having a Tech Talk Monday and it would follow the pattern of the superdown they just released. The Tech Talk is about "the all-new Encounter series, designed for stand hunting in early- to mid-season conditions". I think this is because their whitetail Proximity line is more late season? I'm still looking forward to their waterfowl line so I can go on my backcountry DIY OTC duck hunts at 11,000 feet.

I was gonna include @ForlohFamily in my list but I didn't see any weights for that jacket. The sets costs $828 though.

I’ll probably end up just ordering another set of Chugach.

Arcteryx is about $700 for just the jacket so it wouldn’t surprise me if it went that high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk