KUIU New Color “Bourbon” question?

The really important tthing is to get a pack that doesn’t make your ass look fat. Unless that’s what you’re going for. Sort of a wilderness Nikki Minaj thing.

Btaylor

WKR
I would ask if you ever feel like you know you have lost a debate but we all know you have no idea. Guess these guys opinion doesn't matter. You should tell the guys reviewing it that though.

At the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2020, the Garrison Brothers team was awarded a double gold medal for its Balmorhea Twice-Barreled Bourbon, a silver medal for its Single Barrel Bourbon, and a bronze for its Small Batch Bourbon. Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible named Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon “American Micro Whiskey of the Year” in 2014 and again in 2017. Whisky Bible awarded the same distinction to Balmorhea Twice-Barreled Bourbon for 2019 and 2020 and 2021. Garrison Brothers was voted Best Craft Whiskey Distillery in America by readers of USA Today in 2017.
Biden got enough votes to be elected too. What's your point again?

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Awards don’t magically make you on par with Bourbon county whiskey. You ain’t got the water, you ain’t got the lineage. Stay in your lane, son, make case for Red Dirty Country or High School football, but bourbon ain’t yours, ain’t ever gonna be yours, “straight Texas bourbon” means nothing to no one whose opinion matters.

Woah. Don't be giving Texas red dirt country. We all know that really belongs to Oklahoma

Poser

WKR
I would ask if you ever feel like you know you have lost a debate but we all know you have no idea. Guess these guys opinion doesn't matter. You should tell the guys reviewing it that though.

At the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2020, the Garrison Brothers team was awarded a double gold medal for its Balmorhea Twice-Barreled Bourbon, a silver medal for its Single Barrel Bourbon, and a bronze for its Small Batch Bourbon. Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible named Garrison Brothers Cowboy Bourbon “American Micro Whiskey of the Year” in 2014 and again in 2017. Whisky Bible awarded the same distinction to Balmorhea Twice-Barreled Bourbon for 2019 and 2020 and 2021. Garrison Brothers was voted Best Craft Whiskey Distillery in America by readers of USA Today in 2017.

I get it. After all, KUIU offers size XXLs and XXXLs because Texans love KUIU and now that they also offer a color called bourbon and some imposter makes a “Texas Straight Bourbon”, anything to do with KUIU and bourbon is near to your heart and therefore sensitive. I can appreciate that you’re wearing your heart on your sleeve here, but you might want to put it back behind that high fence, slide those “vintage” (and discontinued) KUIU arm sleeves back up and face a simple truth:

There is no bourbon from Texas, there’s only subpar whiskey.

giphy.gif

I get it. After all, KUIU offers size XXLs and XXXLs because Texans love KUIU and now that they also offer a color called bourbon and some imposter makes a “Texas Straight Bourbon”, anything to do with KUIU and bourbon is near to your heart and therefore sensitive. I can appreciate that you’re wearing your heart on your sleeve here, but you might want to put it back behind that high fence, slide those “vintage” (and discontinued) KUIU arm sleeves back up and face a simple truth:

There is no bourbon from Texas, there’s only subpar whiskey.

giphy.gif

Speaking of vintage, you realize bourbon isn't a Kentucky thing right?

You been brainwashed by those who sold to the city slickers along the Mississippi. True bourbon began in Va, then was carried to Kentucky where it was popularized.

wytx

WKR
Hey listen, nobody is gonna deny Texas’s cultural contributions. Bob Wills is still the king, Waylon is awesome, Blind Willie Johnson was the best slide guitar player who ever lived, Texas owns brisket and you won’t find a finer sausage than you will in Lockhart. THAT BEING SAID, you don’t just get to decide to start making whiskey and call it “straight Texas bourbon” as if Texas is somekind of authority on anything to do with making whiskey. Nope. Not gonna happen, not on my watch. Pour that shit out and beg for forgiveness.
That bourbon is awesome, try it sometime, if you can afford it. They jacked the price this year due to demand.
A little research goes a long way to education.

Poser

WKR
Speaking of vintage, you realize bourbon isn't a Kentucky thing right?

You been brainwashed by those who sold to the city slickers along the Mississippi. True bourbon began in Va, then was carried to Kentucky where it was popularized.

For that matter we could talk about (soon to be) Scotch and Irish immigrants in the old world and the whiskey rebellion in the US but Bourbon county ended up being the home of modern bourbon. Elijah Craig is credited with many of the distilling practices unique to modern bourbon. You can “blah blah blah” all you want. It’s not dissimilar to Cleveland, OH claiming to be the birthplace of rock n roll (which is absurd)…. Fact of the matter is, when you look at the historical timeline of bourbon production as a whole, you’re always going to end up in Bourbon, County.

For that matter we could talk about (soon to be) Scotch and Irish immigrants in the old world and the whiskey rebellion in the US but Bourbon county ended up being the home of modern bourbon. Elijah Craig is credited with many of the distilling practices unique to modern bourbon. You can “blah blah blah” all you want. It’s not dissimilar to Cleveland, OH claiming to be the birthplace of rock n roll (which is absurd)…. Fact of the matter is, when you look at the historical timeline of bourbon production as a whole, you’re always going to end up in Bourbon, County.

Yes, but limiting your idea of Bourbon to Bourbon County is pretty short sighted.

But you can continue to buy into things like that. Get yourself some Argon Oil to wash away the wrinkles while you sip your only "Bourbon County" Bourbon.

Or just embrace the fact your getting old, stubborn, and sometimes things evolve.

Poser

WKR
Yes, but limiting your idea of Bourbon to Bourbon County is pretty short sighted.

But you can continue to buy into things like that. Get yourself some Argon Oil to wash away the wrinkles while you sip your only "Bourbon County" Bourbon.

Or just embrace the fact your getting old, stubborn, and sometimes things evolve.

I’m sorry you live in a reality where accuracy doesn’t matter. You’re probably the kind of guy who invites people over for a “barbecue” that actually turns out to be nothing more than a “cook out”

Also, you’re starting to sound like one of those “progressives”

I’m sorry you live in a reality where accuracy doesn’t matter. You’re probably the kind of guy who invites people over for a “barbecue” that actually turns out to be nothing more than a “cook out”

Also, you’re starting to sound like one of those “progressives”

No, I actually don't invite anyone over for anything.

Guess that's the effects of no friends.

I am in a reality where accuracy matters tho.

Mudd Foot

WKR
I’m half joking around, if that’s not clear.

I can’t decide who’s funnier: you or Billy. The Peanut Butter Bourbon had me pissing. Might have give those out as gifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudd Foot

WKR
I think we all need to take a step back and focus on what's important here: making fun of the guy who was worried his new pants would clash with his camo pattern.

I stand corrected; that right there made me laugh out loud. You’re now included. Perhaps we could debate the rank order of which of you three is funniest? Just sayin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Woah. Don't be giving Texas red dirt country. We all know that really belongs to Oklahoma

I always though of Robert Earl Keen as quintessential Red Dirt Country. Stoney LaRue fits in that umbrella as well. Besides, Oklahoma just wants to be Texas anyway. Reckon there will be some “Straight Oklahoma Bourbon” any day now.