Kuiu Northridge or Chugach

Vangysway

FNG
I have 20% off at Kuiu for my birthday and I need a rain jacket. I'm in between the two of these. I live in So Cal, but hunt Nor Cal every so often and will be doing a yearly 10 day elk trip out of state for the foreseeable future. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

OP
Vangysway

Vangysway

FNG
That's what I'm leaning towards... Thanks for your input. I've been using an REI one and after a full day of rain in Nor Cal hunting pigs recently I was wet....

338edge

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Chugach set. Great packable rain gear. I will be buying a Yukon rain jacket for everyday use.

ID_Matt

WKR
I don't see a reason at all. I love the chugach. Lightweight, waterproof, and blocks wind well. Combine that with a good down/synthetic jacket and you have all your bases covered.

fatlander

WKR
I love my north ridge. It’s very light but still keeps you bone dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
Good to know. Have you had a full day of hunting in the rain with it, or just a shower here and there?

I had a couple full days of rain with some periods of rain so hard I shouldn’t have been there. I was bone dry underneath. It exceeded my expectations those few cold November days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCH

WKR
Another vote for the Chugach. Great balance of breathability, waterproofness, weight and durability. It’s what Goldilocks would wear. Just right.