Kuiu Offerings

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marketing wise a pop socket makes sense. Kuiu has sold swag for awhile, especially around the holidays. If sales proved it viable to slap their name/camo on something then why not? It’s not going to consume their r&d department to do it. The socket thing actually does help by propping it up to watch a video. With the size of phones now it helps positioning your hand so reaching across a big screen is easier. More secure grip too, my wife and daughter rarely drop their phone now. I chose the minimalist route and didn’t buy a big phone and I think they look goofy.

How many would buy a pop socket with a Rokslide logo? I’ll take your silence as a yes

Last edited:
Got this today was asking about zip off bottoms in size medium
8e3d68778812ec436a898280febef695.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
My thoughts exactly. While I haven't had them added, I've certainly excluded pants that don't have them.

What did it run to have them put it? Regular seamstress or specialty?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Twenty five bucks. Just a seamstress that I have been using for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After asking Sitka, First Lite and Kryptek to build these exact pants for the last three year. I bought a pair and have to say I really like them and would buy them over the Timberlines for any late season/wet weather hunting.

I would like someone to make a pair of pants that are totally waterproof below the knee. That would be ideal.

Are the Talus not waterproof below the knee? The description makes it sound like they are.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Are the Talus not waterproof below the knee? The description makes it sound like they are.

The back of the calf is not waterproof all the way up. I wish it was.

Someone will get it right. I had a few people ask my why not use rain pants. I only need rain pants 20% of the time and they just don’t breath well. The Talus are close to perfect for my type of hunting and they breath well, while keeping my socks dry, which keep my boots dry. I hope this spurs on the other clothing companies to make a similar pant.

Why hasn't anyone else came out with zip off base layers. Seems like the best idea ever.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not that much value for many folks. I have a couple pair and have never zipped them off except to try them out. If it's only cold enough to need them for a couple hours and then too hot for them for 6-7 hours before you need them again then just don't wear them and deal with the cold for a short period. I asked them where the zip off boxer briefs were so I could zip them on after zipping off the full length ones-apparently they wear underwear under their underwear. :unsure: too many layers down there for me. The zipper down the side and extra flap of velcro at the waist can be annoying if they sit wrong on your body.

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Guaranteed that all this clothing was a lineup designed with Jason at the helm. He had talked about wanting to produce training and lifestyle clothing, so no surprises there.

I did find it interesting that much of it started dropping almost instantly after his suicide. Perhaps he was holding some of the products for reasons and they then felt free to push it out the door? Maybe that's the timing that was already planned, but that's what stood out to me in the months following.

Overall, I'm pretty intrigued at the changes. Many of the new items look like an effort at actual product advancement rather than just trying to convince me that their synthetic/down/membrane is magically more better than everyone else's and that's why I should buy from them (and maybe they are, that's just a tough sell on me). In many cases, I don't even like the new pieces, but I'm interested enough to "stay tuned" since they're showing innovation.