Kuiu or Adak

I am looking at getting a new bio harness and trying do decide between Kuiu or Adak. My needs are a breathable back suspension and silent one handed operation as most of my hunting is archery. Looking at the Adak online I am concerned that the back harness looks thick and that the straps won't fit under my pack well. I cannot get my hands of either of these to compare so any feedback on these two only are welcome. I have looked and used many other bingo harnesses and am usually unhappy with them. I am running Viiper HD 10x50.

Redarrow

FNG
Don’t get the kuiu if you want one handed operation...I haven’t looked at the adak so can’t help u out there

For anyone interested in the Kuiu harness, IMO the Outdoor Vision Ridgetop is a similarish design but much better. The Kuiu is difficult to operate one handed due to not having a strap that attaches to the top of the bag. Blackovis, a Rokslide sponsor, usually has them for a good price and they have a Rokslide discount.

Block

WKR
I Love the ADAK,,, and it feels fine with a pack on as well...

cake

FNG
Got the adak - like what I see so far. Good fit, (10x42), comfortable, smart features, one hand operation, quiet, well protected etc.

Time will tell if front pouch can hold on to my wind checker. I had my questions at first - but I think it will be all right.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I used a marsupial for years, but switched to the adak for the lack of magnets and full coverage. There are a few things that I miss from my marsupial however. I prefer the zipper front pocket, and side pockets on the marsupial. The front pocket fit my suunto compass, and the side perfectly fit my wind checker.

The adak's elastic pockets are near impossible to use one handed, unless you were slipping in a diaphragm call, or something equally slim. In my opinion, these wrap-around pockets are a design flaw.

My best bet is to make a pocket/pouch opposite to the rangefinder side, that fits my compass, wind checker, etc

I've only used the Adak on one hunt so far, and prefer the closure system to AGC and Marsupial. Time will tell how the lightweight buckles hold up.

blasterak

FNG
I've been impressed with the Adak bino harness. Worked flawlessly on my last hunt. I was looking for a more compact harness as I usually have a chest holster for my sidearm as well and this works great with it. I do agree with above, the elastic "pockets" don't work very well, wish there was an actual pocket and maybe a way to hold a phone too would be nice. But overall I dig it.

OP
Huntingnorseman
I went with the Adak. I like the one handed operation and it is quiet. I added an Exo hip pouch to the side opposite the rangefinder to hold things. My diaphragm call fits in the slim elastic pouch on the binocular harness but not much else.
The shoulder harness fits well under my pack although it would we nice if the webbing was about half and in wider.
Over all I am pleased with it and it is the best harness I have used for archery hunting.

If interested in the Outdoor Vision, PM me and I'll get you a discount code.

GPATTI, I wasn’t able to send you a PM (pretty new on Rokslide) If your still willing I would definitely appreciate the discount code for OV.

-Jordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I got the newer Kuiu one late this fall and like it. I can use it one handed with a pair of Leica 10x42s. Just got the rangefinder attachment and don’t have a lot of time with it but it seems good so far.

I had the Kuiu harness a few years ago and sold it once I saw a review of the Outdoor Vision harness on YouTube. I've been running the Outdoor Vision harness with my SLC 10x42s for the last year and absolutely love it. It's very similar to the Kuiu harness, but OV has fixed all the issues I had with the Kuiu harness.

One hand operation for getting your binos in or out, AND for getting things in/out of the side pockets. Most harnesses you need both hands and a crowbar to get your wind checker in/out of the side pocket, but not with the OV. Plus, there are two additional zippered pockets (one on the front and one on the bottom) of the harness, and a built in rain cover. It fits under my pack without issue and breathes really well too. After hiking through the thick forests of ID chasing elk, the Kuiu would be filled with leaves, branches and dust, which was so annoying. With the OV, I rarely if ever get any leaf/branch debris inside my harness as the lid better protects the harness and my binos. The OV is small and sleek, never interfered with any of the thousands of shots I've taken while wearing it.

The two guys I elk hunt with (one ran a Kuiu one ran an AGC) both tried mine and have since bought the Outdoor Vision harness.

Just a heads up, order the OV harness from Black Ovis, or from OV when they have them in stock and can ship immediately. I ordered my OV from OV last October, after I'd gotten home from my elk hunt and had sold my Kuiu. Their website said expect a 4 week delay in getting the harness and since I wasn't in a rush to get it, placed the order knowing they were busy (since it was hunting season). 8 weeks later I still didn't have the harness and hadn't received an update either so I sent an email inquiring about the status of my order. I got a smart ass response from someone at OV (which really pissed me off) and didn't end up getting the harness for two more weeks (10 week wait time). Based off of that experience, I was not impressed with their CS. The two guys I hunt with ordered their harnesses from Black Ovis and got them right away without issue.

GPATTI

WKR
Bowhunting WI - PM sent on the CS you received. Wanted to talk to you in person to apologize. That was a rough time as we were overwhelmed with orders. NO EXCUSE THOUGH. That is not acceptable. It is on me and I would like to make it right. Thanks, Geoff