Kuiu Pack Mods

Baron528

FNG
I'm currently setting up a 5500LT on an Exo K3 frame. I've been playing around with various attachment methods, but I'm not satisfied with it for a test/training run yet. I plan to add a Seek Outside Talon at some point.

The only thing I dislike about the bag is the drawstring top/lid design. I'm debating swapping out the Kuiu lid for an Exo. It would be a bit smaller cu/in wise, but the Exo lid design would provide more protection from the elements. I borrowed a buddies pack and the Exo lid is a near perfect fit.

Why did I do such a thing you may ask? The K3 fits me very well but I don't like the Exo bags.

I have a new pro 3600 and would like to integrate some type of meat shelf and straps to bind the load to the frame instead of relying on the bag and bag straps for compression. Anyone do something similar?
I used 2 sets of compression straps just like the ones that are used to compress the main bag on the Icon pro bags. It took a little bit of work but I fed them through the frame and they are stored between the bag and frame. They work awesome to cinch down a game bag of meat. I’ll try to get some pics up soon.

Last edited:

hikenhunt

WKR
I used 2 sets of compression straps just like the ones that are used to compress the main bag on the Icon pro bags. It took a little bit of work but I fed them through the frame and they are stored between the bag and frame. They work awesome to cinch down a game bag of meat. I’ll try to get some pics up soon.
I did the same thing and agree that it works great

Trees91

WKR
Anyone do an exo or stone glacier lid on an older ultra 4000?
I picked up a new lt 5500 but I'm not crazy about it.
My 4000 would be about perfect with a lid.

I was swapping bags last night and snapped a few pictures of the straps I use when putting meat in the load sling. The straps have the tri glide end and I feed them through the cutout in the frame in the same locations as the side straps used to attach to the pack bag. I tie the loose ends up when not in use.
87ABE72E-D392-4C43-957C-B89D5CED576A.jpeg7012F920-072C-4041-B02E-47BC996ACD62.jpeg

Last edited:

snik

FNG
Anyone have a good idea of how to mount a side arm to the belt of a Kuiu pack?

Anyone have a good idea of how to mount a side arm to the belt of a Kuiu pack?
I just use the big Velcro straps on the sides of the belt where the hip pouch normally goes. I just undo it and run it through the belt loop in my holster.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thats exactly what I’m thinking of. That and a couple of straps that attach to the frame to cinch the meat directly to the frame so you don’t have to rely on the bag and bag straps to compress your meat load. Then you could attach the bag over top of the meat and cinch it however you’d like.
Here is the thread. First ten to PM me and post in the thread get 30% off.

20210225_181734.jpg20210225_181949.jpg20210225_182033.jpg

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Cargo Bucket is on the website! http://thunderbirdlongrange.com/store.html

Introductory discount of 30% off ANY orders of $100 or more.

ROKSLIDE30

For the first 10 that PM me, you'll get 30% off the bucket without the $100 minimum. I'll get those sent out this weekend. Gotta get to the day job.

JasonD

FNG
I was swapping bags last night and snapped a few pictures of the straps I use when putting meat in the load sling. The straps have the tri glide end and I feed them through the cutout in the frame in the same locations as the side straps used to attach to the pack bag. I tie the loose ends up when not in use.
View attachment 260595View attachment 260597
This is totally what I have pictured trying to do. I just got my pack frame the other day. Ima broke mofo so I have to buy my Kuiu bags in parts. But anyways this is what I’m wanting to also do but I want to find a way to incorporate the kuiu load hauler. The thing you’d attach to the frame without the bag to solely pack meat out. But I want to make a way to allow both of them to work together so I can keep my bag somewhat cleaner and less bloody. And able to have a way to keep my game quarters and boned out meat in bags from sliding out the bottom because there isn’t much of a bucket type bottom holder. More stable and better then just the bag clip hook attaching to the suspension and the 2 bottom compression straps that hold the bottom of the bag tight to the frame so it can’t pop off and to also compress the bag when not holding much.

The Talon is an awesome addition to add just a little bit of flexibility needed to pack for 3-5 days. I also really like the dedicated load straps that Calhunter has on his frame.

bwidrick

Lil-Rokslider

Did the exact same on mine as well, plus added a vertical strap to help keep meat from hanging/sagging to the bottom.

bwidrick

Lil-Rokslider
I love this idea! Where did you guys find the buckles, stops, and webbing?
For the horizontal straps, I just used extra straps that came with the pack...same as Cahunter805 shows in the photos. For the vertical, picked up some buckles from the hardware store and used some strapping I had lying around. A good source for that kind of thing is https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collections/components

JasonD

FNG
Where did you get the other extra straps that have the tri glide permanently attached/Fixed to the straps. This is literally exactly how I was planning on trying to fix the load hauler accessorie to the pack set up to use it with the bag attached all together as one piece so I don’t have to worry about getting the back side of my pack bag itself dirty and bloody and make it harder to clean. And also being able to attach the meat more securely aswell. But I can’t seem to find the straps with a permanently affixed tri glide straps.

Where did you get the other extra straps that have the tri glide permanently attached/Fixed to the straps. This is literally exactly how I was planning on trying to fix the load hauler accessorie to the pack set up to use it with the bag attached all together as one piece so I don’t have to worry about getting the back side of my pack bag itself dirty and bloody and make it harder to clean. And also being able to attach the meat more securely aswell. But I can’t seem to find the straps with a permanently affixed tri glide straps.

Call Kuiu customer service. They sent them to me for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk