Kuiu pack

With the $100 off that kuiu is now offering I am thinking about trying a icon 5000. Anybody have experience with these packs yet? Thanks

sk1

WKR
there is a thread in the backpack section that talks about these packs that is somewhat recent

i bought one a few months ago and returned it, the lumbar pad was a bit much for me and i just wasnt sold on the carbon fiber frame, i felt like i needed to be delicate with it (even though that probably isnt the case) ......i wish i could have given it a better trial but i didnt want to chance not being able to return it, because it didn't seem like it was right for me.

the material is slightly noisy, but i will say that pack is LIGHT for what it is....sure felt like nothing when i picked it up....and you can really tell they put a lot of effort into the design

there are many happy users out there, if it seems to fit the bill for what you want out of a pack, try it, and worst case return it and be out shipping costs

Maxhunter

WKR
I have the Icon 6000 and it's a great pack. I haven't had any issues. I got it and immediately loaded it up with 40lb bag of salt pellets and took it for a hike and it carried the laid very well. Everybody is different and some packs feel better than others to folks. It's very light and the different packs are interchangable on the carbon frame. I wouldn't be afraid to buy one!

The new frame is better than the first version. Better shoulder straps and how they adjust is much nicer. I had one of the first Icon 3000's and really like the bag but the hip belt was sort of lacking in padding when loaded up. I recently purchased the new frame and the hip belt is really nice. One of the other posters commented on the lumbar support and I found that the adjustment was critical. Once it is adjusted it is really comfortable.
Give one a shot, I think you'll like it.

Hardstalk

WKR
Hay akcharlie,
There is an icon 6000 with frame and suspension (2011) on ebay for a pretty fair price at the moment.

Benny

FNG
I had the Gen 2, 5000. I liked it but unfortunatley (as told to me by Jason) there is some issues with taller fellas. Pack with up to 50lbs was fine but I hauled a critter out a dozen miles and the negatives with fit seem to show much clearer.

Icon5000.jpg

Leopard

FNG
I've got the first edition of the 3000. Excellent pack, I must say!

My cousin and I packed out an Elk cow this season in very steep country (Andy has the new 5000). Very solid packs and very comfortable.