Kuiu Pant selection?

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone, So I am looking for a early season pant for warmer temps. The pant will be used for sheep hunting and spot and stalk mule deer hunting. I would like them to be able to breath well and not sweat in them. I already own some pants for the later season so these would be strictly early season. I can’t decide between the Tiburon vs kutana be attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Kutana’s. Super light, super durable, won’t pile like Attacks and won’t be as warm as attacks in hot weather. They are my 100% all season pant. I layer zip offs under ass needed or puffy pants over if stationary. I run warm though, just a disclaimer.

Do they breath well also?

ChrisAU

WKR
Do they breath well also?

They breath better than my FL Corrugate Guides. Not as good as Tiburons, but I had one pair of Tiburons and was scared of shredding them. The Tiburons/Kutanas/Attacks all have hip vents which are of course awesome for breathability.

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone, So I am looking for a early season pant for warmer temps. The pant will be used for sheep hunting and spot and stalk mule deer hunting. I would like them to be able to breath well and not sweat in them. I already own some pants for the later season so these would be strictly early season. I can’t decide between the Tiburon vs kutana be attack

I don’t backpack hunt (yet) so take this with a grain of salt, but I love the tiburons. I took them
on a 5 day backpacking trip to Yellowstone at the end of August. I wore them every day, hiking in them and then wet wading. They breathed well and dried quickly. I then wore them in the dove field at nearly 100 degrees a few weeks later and have never been more comfortable during a shoot. They are not nearly as durable as the attacks ( I have a pair of those too) and I doubt you would be well served busting brush in them. They started piling up a little after smashing through a bunch of standing crops/brush. For my hot weather purposes, the Tiburons have been great.

mmac

WKR
Second the tiburon. They breath really well and are surprisingly durable. Pack the 3/4 zip offs and ultralight solution for down to 45 or less and easily 80 in the days.

I run the pro pant for early season. They are lighter than the attack pant and have great ventilation. I thought the knee pads were a bit gimicky but they do really help when kneeling or crawling!

jfs82

WKR
Tiburon my early season (often 100), attack my later season. Maybe I wear a lightweight merino base layer, maybe just synthetic boxers. But I run pretty hot.

BBob

WKR
I wear Tiburon's for everything here in AZ/NM. Recently got a pair of Kutana's but haven't really worn them yet. They seem like they will be not much warmer than the Tiburon temp wise and likely a little tougher. I almost never wear my Attack's. I don't go easy at all on the Tiburon's and they've held up great and look much better than the Attack's do. The Attack's snag and pill up from almost anything. They are still functional and tough but don't look great after some use. Attack's are just too hot for me for most things, I'd rather pair up the Tiburon's with a zip off merino base if it's cold enough. As a side note: I have a Tiburon Zip T top, that thing is hot when moving. It's supposed to be dot air fabric that breathes but it feels way hotter than the dot air they use in the pants.

Last edited:

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider

Tiburons are the best hot weather pant period. Have been using them for two years they breathe like a lung. Have not had any issues with durability.

Dinger

WKR
I run the pro pant for early season. They are lighter than the attack pant and have great ventilation. I thought the knee pads were a bit gimicky but they do really help when kneeling or crawling!
What he said. I own Attacks, Alpine and Tiburons....the Alpine's (now the Pro's?) are my go to.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I wear Tiburon's for everything here in AZ/NM. Recently got a pair of Kutana's but haven't really worn them yet. They seem like they will be not much warmer than the Tiburon temp wise and likely a little tougher. I almost never wear my Attack's. I don't go easy at all on the Tiburon's and they've held up great and look much better than the Attack's do. The Attack's snag and pill up from almost anything. They are still functional and tough but don't look great after some use. Attack's are just too hot for me for most things, I'd rather pair up the Tiburon's with a zip off merino base if it's cold enough. As a side note: I have a Tiburon Zip T top, that thing is hot when moving. It's supposed to be dot air fabric that breathes but it feels way hotter than the dot air they use in the pants.

I have the tiburón zip shirt with dot air love the shirt. I have not experience any issues breathes awesome for me just like the pants and dries super fast. I normally use both the tiburón pants and shirt when it’s over 90 degree weather and they keep me cool when hiking or hunting.

I am very happy with the Kutana pants. Very comfortable. Light, breathable fabric that has some stretch and will dry fast. Wore them for a week in Colorado on an archery Elk hunt. Temps from 20° - 65°. Warm enough with a base layer while active. Perfect on their own when the temp rises during the day. My Attacks would have been too hot for me on that hunt.

My buddy has the Tiburons for hot weather hunts (archery antelope, South Texas Dove). In my opinion, they seem a little light for Western Hunting in the Fall.

The Tiburons rock in hot weather. They suck at deterring anything with a pointy end. This does include mosquitoes in AZ; hate to see how they’d fair with mosquitoes from up north.

The Attacks are comfortable but pile easily. I won’t ever buy a pair again for hunting. If I want a comfortable pair of pants that’ll be trashed after a day, I’ll buy a pair of Wranglers and save a ton of cash.

The Pros are a much better pant. They are comfortable and hold up to use much better than the Attacks. Used a pair for a 14 day sheep/grizzly hunt. They held up well. They look better after those 14 days than my Attacks did after one day chasing desert bighorn.

The Kutanas rock. I have over 20 days in the field with one pair. Lots of abuse chasing Coues and black bear in AZ. Still look 100% better than my Attacks did after 1 day. Used in temperatures ranging from the 20s to well over 100. This does include using a base layer at times.

For the OP, where are you hunting deer and sheep? This plays a huge part in the recommendations. Early season in AZ is completely different than early season in MT.

Use the right pant for the type of hunt.

If I’m sheep hunting (other than desert bighorn), I’m grabbing the Pros. They’re going with me when I hunt Kodiak this fall. But they are not going with me on any other hunt.

For just about all other hunts, I’m grabbing the Kutanas.

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
The Tiburons rock in hot weather. They suck at deterring anything with a pointy end. This does include mosquitoes in AZ; hate to see how they’d fair with mosquitoes from up north.

The Attacks are comfortable but pile easily. I won’t ever buy a pair again for hunting. If I want a comfortable pair of pants that’ll be trashed after a day, I’ll buy a pair of Wranglers and save a ton of cash.

The Pros are a much better pant. They are comfortable and hold up to use much better than the Attacks. Used a pair for a 14 day sheep/grizzly hunt. They held up well. They look better after those 14 days than my Attacks did after one day chasing desert bighorn.

The Kutanas rock. I have over 20 days in the field with one pair. Lots of abuse chasing Coues and black bear in AZ. Still look 100% better than my Attacks did after 1 day. Used in temperatures ranging from the 20s to well over 100. This does include using a base layer at times.

For the OP, where are you hunting deer and sheep? This plays a huge part in the recommendations. Early season in AZ is completely different than early season in MT.

Use the right pant for the type of hunt.

If I’m sheep hunting (other than desert bighorn), I’m grabbing the Pros. They’re going with me when I hunt Kodiak this fall. But they are not going with me on any other hunt.

For just about all other hunts, I’m grabbing the Kutanas.

This is my experience also with the Tiburons, Attacks, Pro Pants, and Katana's.

The Katana's have become my goto AZ pant, from Aug/Sept archery deer and elk up north(ern AZ) to Nov - Jan coues/mule deer and sheep hunts in the desert. (For later season mule deer and elk hunts up in northern AZ I wear attack and pro pants.)

I probably wouldn't ever buy another pair of Tiburons and just wear Katana's. My Tiburons are pretty shredded and I feel with the front pockets and side vents unzipped on the Katana's they are as comfortable as the tiburons in the same temps, in a more durable/protective pant.