kuiu pants and inseams...

davescarp

WKR
Kuiu really needs to do something about their pants (except for the attacks) and make different inseam options, or scale them better with waist size. I mean really, how many guys with 30 or 32 waists have a 34" inseam? Am I the only person under 5'8" who wants to wear their pants and not have them hemmed? Even when they are hemmed, the articulation in the knee is a bit off.

I feel like I'd really like the talus pants but wiht the built in knee pads I'm just not sure it will work.

I’m a 32x34 so you won’t get any sympathy from me. Just kidding. Normally it’s hard for me to find stuff that fits so I feel your pain.

Quant

FNG
I agree completely, but I have the exact opposite issue. I wear 36 / 36, and need to have everything let out to the max possible. More options would be helpful.

barrister

WKR
I agree. There are way more tall options than short options. LLBean is the best in offering I have found in short inseam hunting pants. I really like the Kuiu and FirstLite pants but they always require hemming. More time and expense involved.

• Banned
OP
davescarp

davescarp

WKR
I’m a 32x34 so you won’t get any sympathy from me. Just kidding. Normally it’s hard for me to find stuff that fits so I feel your pain.

I'm pretty used to pants being too long, but nothing shorter than a 34" inseam is crazy. sitka at least has a regular and tall option. maybe kuiu will start making all their pants like the the attacks with 3 differnt inseam options

I'm pretty used to pants being too long, but nothing shorter than a 34" inseam is crazy. sitka at least has a regular and tall option. maybe kuiu will start making all their pants like the the attacks with 3 differnt inseam options
Yea I gotcha. I love the tall option from Sitka. One of the reasons I switched to them.

FURMAN

WKR
Kuiu pants are my favorite for many reasons but the no go for me on others is the short inseam. You can hem something too long. It’s a little harder to put more on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kuiu pants are my favorite for many reasons but the no go for me on others is the short inseam. You can hem something too long. It’s a little harder to put more on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with this while having the problem of things being short. I take a 33x36 and is hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
davescarp

davescarp

WKR
you guys are a bunch of giraffes, lol. A 32 waist, 30 inseam is all i'm asking for. When kuiu was a boutique operation I could understand they were not able to have all that different inventory, but feels like they have grown a lot and should able to offer more options

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Hey would you guys cut the extra off the bottoms of your pants I am a 35 x 38 and I have 0 options to even get me close, tall options are still to short, but I feel your pain and frustration

Quant

FNG
Hey would you guys cut the extra off the bottoms of your pants I am a 35 x 38 and I have 0 options to even get me close, tall options are still to short, but I feel your pain and frustration

The Kuiu attack pants in tall sizes have a 37” inseam...might work for you. Not sure if they can be let out more.

BluMtn

WKR
In my younger days I was a 30x40, as I have grown older I can now get by with 34x38. That being said my KUIU guides I have let out to 35.5 and in hunting boots they work well with my gaiters. My Kryptec talls work well also. As said above it is much easier to cut some off and rehem that trying to add length that is not there.

Rock-o

WKR
I just bought Guide pants and expected I may have to let them out. My Levi's are 38 waist, 34 length. I bought 40 waist Guides and the length may be slightly longer than my jeans. I'm very pleased.

I will say that the new kuiu attacks in tall are definitely a fair amount longer than Sitka or any other brands I have tried for anyone wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
davescarp

davescarp

WKR
I'll reiterate my comment from before, y'all a bunch of giraffes lol.

Poser

WKR
I'll reiterate my comment from before, y'all a bunch of giraffes lol.

Go back 500 generations and complain To your great x 100 grandfather who was sticking it in Denisovans because, apparently, homosapian women with their long legs, weren’t appealing enough.

Kuiu really needs to do something about their pants (except for the attacks) and make different inseam options, or scale them better with waist size. I mean really, how many guys with 30 or 32 waists have a 34" inseam? Am I the only person under 5'8" who wants to wear their pants and not have them hemmed? Even when they are hemmed, the articulation in the knee is a bit off.

I feel like I'd really like the talus pants but wiht the built in knee pads I'm just not sure it will work.
i'm lucky in that regard. pants that fit right are hard for me to find, and kuiu pants fit me well. they are a good option for me. that being said, tall sitka sizes do as well, and first lite.

I do think it would be a good idea for kuiu to offer more traditional inseams, because I know i'm an outlier (I have that pointed out while looking for regular clothes) i'm a 30-31" waist and 33" inseam, so the cut of kuiu pants fit me better than most. I don't love the shape of their pants, but it's sure nice having pants that aren't high waters.

their raingear is top shelf and fits, and their tiburons are a must for some September days.... besides that I prefer first lite pants, and still like sitka ascents, just wish they had stuck to their original design with the ascents, I liked them quite a bit more. the ASAT knar are almost identical material to original ascents, they are legit pants