Kuiu Pelaton 240?

learl

Lil-Rokslider
I have a code for 20% off at Kuiu and I’m looking at the peloton 240 hoodie as a Goldilocks clothing piece. I’d like something that’s wind resistant, non bulky, slightly warming, with a hood, that I can also use to protect my baselayer when going through brush. Can anyone with experience with it chime in or can anyone who considered it but went a different route explain why?

HunterZ

FNG
I agree with the brush busting, threads will pull out. As an everyday wear piece, it’s great! Very comfortable, good in the boat, wind and water resistant, I wear it all the time. I got the one without the hood. I’m thinking about the rubicon in Camo with a hood for turkey hunting and mid season whitetail.

Redarrow

FNG
I love mine, super comfortable and wind resistant, I haven’t had any problems with the threads pulling out but i generally don’t hunt in thick brush

Jardo

WKR
It’s a good midlayer. Kinds like a pullover hoodie we wore when I was a kid. It’s not really an outer layer unless it’s warm.

The zipper on mine took a shit on me so I’m working with Kuiu to get a replacement. My size is out of stock in solid so I’m actually thinking about getting the rubicon or paying extra and getting the apex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
One of my favorite pieces of clothing. It’s ability to block the wind really sets it apart.

It’s absolutely one of my best clothing pieces. I always have it with me from late August through January and February when hunting or hiking. Blocks wind incredibly well but also breathes. Not much for water resistance maybe slightly better than traditional fleece. Holds up ok in brush or better than a base layer but it’s not a hard smooth faced piece that will slide past brush. There isn’t another piece on the market hunting or otherwise like it that I am aware of. If you want brush busting the Sitka mountain or Timberline jacket or kuiu rubicon (not sure on wind resistance) may be better. The Sitka jackets won’t breathe as well and may not be as useful for warmth unless you are generating a lot of heat they are trapping in.

PHo

WKR
One of my favorites as well. I use it as an outer layer. I've been comfortable down to the low 20's wearing a base layer, mid layer and the Peloton 240 as an outer layer. It's a pretty versatile piece and it packs down smaller than a soft-shell. In fact it replaced my soft shell. As mentioned, there really is no other piece from any other company that compares to it as far as function. I wouldn't recommend busting brush with it though. That's the only thing a soft shell can do that the Peloton 240 can't.

OP
L

learl

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome, looks like I’ll definitely be picking one up once I decide between camo or solid. Thanks for all the responses and info!

prm

WKR
I have a camo and a solid. Tried to get a black in large but they are sold out until fall! It’s almost embarrassing how much I wear mine.

Love my Peloton 240 hoody in Verde 2 so much I bought another in Vias. Primary piece of insulation that sees a fair bit of time as the top layer in May, August and Sept hunts. Layer it in the cold weather for hunting. I even like it as the top layer when cross country skiing around home in cold weather. Hood fits me really well with a ball cap under it too.

I got minor pilling from hunting caribou for several weeks in the willows last fall. No structural damage, and actually improves the camo in my eyes. I like the non-reflective look of them versus soft shells or rain gear. Good luck.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
I love the fit, warmth, and wind resistance, I am not crazy about how easy it is to get pulls. If it touches anything but a smooth shiny surface you can expect pulls. Still a great peice. If I could do it over again I would probably go with a hooded R1.