Kuiu Peleton 118 v. Peleton 97

DBCooper

FNG
Early season elk hunt (my first) CO. My plan is to use one base layer (weight) and use which pants I wear (Kutana, Tiburon or Attack) dependent on temp or exertion level. I know I could go either way (I suppose some people use different weights of base layers and one pant type). I just decided to go this way (in my head). I have the pants. I don't have the base layers (can't order my size, currently).

Is this approach as good as any?

I've been wearing Patagonia silks for bottoms (cool temps) in eastern whitetail hunting for 15 yrs. If I could get them on/off like the Kuius.....I would go with them. I'm GUESSING they're about the same weight as the 97.....but, I am not sure.

ChrisAU

WKR
118 is a synthetic base layer for warm weather. 97 is a lofted fleece which IMO is only suitable as a mid layer and is much warmer than the 118. A light merino base + a peloton 97 mid layer covers me to damn near below freezing if I am moving.

OP
DBCooper

DBCooper

FNG
118 is a synthetic base layer for warm weather. 97 is a lofted fleece which IMO is only suitable as a mid layer and is much warmer than the 118. A light merino base + a peloton 97 mid layer covers me to damn near below freezing if I am moving.
At 32 deg, I'm not anticipating utilizing any base layer (if I'm moving - I run pretty hot). Is there a temp-equivalent merino base layer to the 118? I might consider that.

Being able to remove the base layer on the go is pretty appealing to me.

ChrisAU

WKR
At 32 deg, I'm not anticipating utilizing any base layer (if I'm moving - I run pretty hot). Is there a temp-equivalent merino base layer to the 118? I might consider that.

Being able to remove the base layer on the go is pretty appealing to me.

The 145 Merino is very comparable to the 118 in warmth IMO.

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
If you run warm you might be fine with out a base layer bottom. I'm good with out unless its a long glassing session and cold temps. I wear the attacks and have the side zippers open while hiking and zip up when stopped.