Kuiu Peleton 240 Hoody sizing help

As the title states, I'm torn on sizing for the Peleton 240 Hoody.....and yes, I've searched every sizing thread.

Reason for my question is the I'm squarely between a L and XL in Kuiu. I'm 6'1", 200 lbs, athletic build. I wear a size 34 in all pants, except the Kuiu attack where I take a 36.

For comparison:

Kuiu merino I'm a L - XL was comically massive on me.
Kuiu Guide jacket I'm a XL - L was very tight in the armpits, shoulders and across the chest.
Kuiu Superdown I'm a XL - L was super tight
Kuiu Chugach NX I'm a L - like the Merino, XL was HUGE.

I'm leaning towards a XL Peloton 240 Hoody. What I really dig about Kuiu is the athletic fit and the last thing I want is for the 240 to be baggy in the body.

I'll only have a 120 or 145 Merino under this, so don't need room for a lot of layers. The superdown or chugach will go over top as required.

Some guys have said size like the Merino (L for me), others say size like the Guide (XL for me). I'm in Canada so ordering both and returning one is cost prohibitive.

Appreciate any feedback.

Last edited:

Ronb

WKR
Get an xl. I'm 5-10 175. My large is a little loose. Not much though. I wear it second layer on top of a merino long sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goph707

FNG
I wear XL in all of their shirts, I'm 6'3, 220 athletic, however all of their shirts are belly shirts on me except the peleton 240 hoodie it fits me perfectly it's plenty long isn't too tight. Hopefully this doesn't muddy the water more for you!

OP
S
I wear XL in all of their shirts, I'm 6'3, 220 athletic, however all of their shirts are belly shirts on me except the peleton 240 hoodie it fits me perfectly it's plenty long isn't too tight. Hopefully this doesn't muddy the water more for you!

Haha, it totally does. Your description is how I want mine to fit, but you're definitely a good bit larger and the XL is perfect! The previous post also sounds like the fit I want, but he's a L and 25lbs smaller - exactly my dilemma!

goph707

FNG
Did you just call me fat? Hahahaha! But seriously their sizing seems really inconsistent to me at least. You order their pants in your normal size you end up looking like Dwight Yoakham, size up on their shirts and it still looks like you got them from baby GAP

Last edited:

7stw

WKR
As the title states, I'm torn on sizing for the Peleton 240 Hoody.....and yes, I've searched every sizing thread.

Reason for my question is the I'm squarely between a L and XL in Kuiu. I'm 6'1", 200 lbs, athletic build. I wear a size 34 in all pants, except the Kuiu attack where I take a 36.

For comparison:

Kuiu merino I'm a L - XL was comically massive on me.
Kuiu Guide jacket I'm a XL - L was very tight in the armpits, shoulders and across the chest.
Kuiu Superdown I'm a XL - L was super tight
Kuiu Chugach NX I'm a L - like the Merino, XL was HUGE.

I'm leaning towards a XL Peloton 240 Hoody. What I really dig about Kuiu is the athletic fit and the last thing I want is for the 240 to be baggy in the body.

I'll only have a 120 or 145 Merino under this, so don't need room for a lot of layers. The superdown or chugach will go over top as required.

Some guys have said size like the Merino (L for me), others say size like the Guide (XL for me). I'm in Canada so ordering both and returning one is cost prohibitive.

Appreciate any feedback.

I'm almost the exact size and fit. I went with an xl it's a bit big but allows for more layers. I can wear my superdown zip t under it nicely. I bought a large solid color to wear at work etc. went with a large in it and while it fits it's a nickel to snug to wear with many layers.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

OP
S
Did you just call me fat? Hahahaha! But seriously their sizing seems really inconsistent to me at least. You order their pants in your normal size you end up looking like Dwight Yoakham, size up on their shirts and it still looks like you got them from baby GAP

Haha, yeah, it's hard to tell when someone complains about fit.....broad shoulders or a uni-ab are very different reasons to size up, hahaha.

Their fit is crazy to me. I swim in my Large Chugach, which fits easily over my snug fitting XL superdown.

Ronb

WKR
Maybe this will help.
a495c4d944dbc1842c4837e86ad856a2.jpg

Ronb

WKR
I think the xl would give you a ton of versatility. I honestly might of been 170 in that picture.

bhylton

WKR
Go XL. im 6ft 190 and wear a large in everyhting kuiu. the 240 Large fits just right over a short sleeve tee shirt of light merino top, but its too small in the arms for a heavier top under it. For example a plain jane long sleeve carharrt shirt which is built kinda baggy wont work under it for me.. comfortably anyways. Im thinking about buying a second one in an XL to wear around town so more of my heavier shirts fit under it

warrior80

WKR
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the XL
With the XL you wouldn't run the risk of it being too small. I'm 6'2 210 lbs and I have a large. But it sounds like you are a little bigger as I run a large in the Guide jacket, Kenai, and pretty much every top. Although the large rain jackets are a little big. I'm about the same size in pants too but I wear the 34 attacks. The 240 has a longer cut in the body and the arms are a little short. I can definitely see your dilemma. I like my clothes athletic fit and not baggy. But I would probably lean towards the XL though for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
S
With the XL you wouldn't run the risk of it being too small. I'm 6'2 210 lbs and I have a large. But it sounds like you are a little bigger as I run a large in the Guide jacket, Kenai, and pretty much every top. Although the large rain jackets are a little big. I'm about the same size in pants too but I wear the 34 attacks. The 240 has a longer cut in the body and the arms are a little short. I can definitely see your dilemma. I like my clothes athletic fit and not baggy. But I would probably lean towards the XL though for you.

Man, I was decided on the XL but now you have me leaning to a Large. I liked the Large Guide, but it was a little too tight in the armpits/shoulder area. With a baselayer it was just ok, but I sometimes bundle up under it so the XL was a better choice.

All I will ever have under the Peloton is a single merino baselayer.

I can wear a 34 attack, but the fit is a little too Euro for my liking, haha - 34 Alpines are perfect though.

I really hate extra material bunching up in the torso with a pack on.

warrior80

WKR
Man, I was decided on the XL but now you have me leaning to a Large. I liked the Large Guide, but it was a little too tight in the armpits/shoulder area. With a baselayer it was just ok, but I sometimes bundle up under it so the XL was a better choice.

All I will ever have under the Peloton is a single merino baselayer.

I can wear a 34 attack, but the fit is a little too Euro for my liking, haha - 34 Alpines are perfect though.

I really hate extra material bunching up in the torso with a pack on.
Yeah I hear you. It would be a tough call for me in your situation. It just seems like you might be a little bigger than me. I don't have the Superdown jacket, but I have tried it on and large is my size in that. I have the Superdown vest in a large and it's perfect. I believe you said the XL Superdown was tight on you. So that's why I think the XL might be a better choice but it's a tough call. Opinions on sizing are always so hard because people's opinions on what is tight and what is loose can be very different. Also, we are all built differently. You might have a little bigger shoulders than me.

OP
S
I'm almost the exact size and fit. I went with an xl it's a bit big but allows for more layers. I can wear my superdown zip t under it nicely. I bought a large solid color to wear at work etc. went with a large in it and while it fits it's a nickel to snug to wear with many layers.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Sounds like Large it is then. With your solid color large do you like the fit with just a single long sleeve baselayer? I plan to use the superdown over top if I need it, so will only ever have a single base layer under the 240.

OP
S
Yeah I hear you. It would be a tough call for me in your situation. It just seems like you might be a little bigger than me. I don't have the Superdown jacket, but I have tried it on and large is my size in that. I have the Superdown vest in a large and it's perfect. I believe you said the XL Superdown was tight on you. So that's why I think the XL might be a better choice but it's a tough call. Opinions on sizing are always so hard because people's opinions on what is tight and what is loose can be very different. Also, we are all built differently. You might have a little bigger shoulders than me.

Totally. Really appreciate your feedback. I don't have my superdown here right now but the Large was definitely tight in the armpits (only concern, due to my shoulders filling it out I think). The XL is gtg with a couple layers underneath.

Is there any stretch to the material? I'm thinking Large it is, but don't want to feel constricted at all at full draw!

warrior80

WKR
Yeah there's some stretch to it. It shouldn't be constricting.

GKPrice

Banned
I bought 4 pelotons when they were cheap on sale this last winter (2 lighter pull overs and 2 full zip 240's), I go back and forth from L to XL with some FL and Sitka stuff but I could not get a piece of KUIU large enough to fit me even in XXL (or XL zip off LU) but these Pelotons seem to fit as expected, XL in the lighter and XXL in the full zip are just a tad large but better that than too tight IME - (for the record, I will not buy KUIU retail for any reason)
I prefer merino for everything but I've tired of the washing care needed so I thought the Peloton would be a good try, I think it is (still like next to the skin and socks to be 100% merino though)
I'm 5'10"(now) and 210 - 36" waist