Kuiu Peloton 97 vs 118 Zip T

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
What is the difference between the Kuiu Peloton 97 Fleece Zip-T and the Peloton 118 Zip-T. Is one fleece and one not? Are both similar in warmth? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

118 is basically a synthetic shirt with no insulation, made for wicking moisture. The 97 is a lightweight insulated fleece that will provide some warmth, in fact quite a bit for its weight. They serve different purposes.

jfs82

WKR
What the above said, totally different uses and the 97 is shockingly warm for how lightweight it is. I still cant even decide if I want to buy a hoodie or just continue to throw a merino below the 97 and call it good (and soft shell over it if needed/wet)

ChrisAU

WKR
Peloton 97 is IMO the best thing Kuiu makes. It’s so good even the ultralight backpacking community loves it. I have a half zip, a hoody, zip off bottoms, a beanie, and a neck gaiter. I think that entire collection weighs less than a pound all together. Amazing stuff for backpack hunters.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Ditto what’s been said about the 97. I’ll add one negative about it after wearing it nonstop the last week deer hunting the Wyoming high country, it did smell pretty sour when sweated out. I guess another would be it is susceptible to the little hackle berry hitchhikers that grow up there as well. Other than that I love that piece especially for backpack hunting.

OP
BigDawgWill44

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Ya I was thinking of just running the 260 hoodie because it has DWR, the 97 as a mid layer or use it as an outer when it is warm and the a merino base layer. If it rains or is really windy I have the Yukon jacket, if it is really cold I have a puffy.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
I wore mine over a merino short sleeve the whole time & added my katana or puffy as needed for warmth. It’s a very versatile piece as to where it goes in your layering. Worth the money for such a light weight shirt.

j33

WKR
Ya I was thinking of just running the 260 hoodie because it has DWR, the 97 as a mid layer or use it as an outer when it is warm and the a merino base layer. If it rains or is really windy I have the Yukon jacket, if it is really cold I have a puffy.

Run it under your 260, 97 isn’t very snag proof. I run it solo when backpacking or under my 240

jolemons

WKR

That combo covers 99% of western hunting conditions in the lower 48 imo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk